What tool tightens Time Atac XS Pedal spindle

Old August 19th 05, 11:35 PM
Aman

Default What tool tightens Time Atac XS Pedal spindle

Hi,

On my relativeley new, 2 months old, Time Atac XS
Titan pedals the left pedal was sliding side to side
about 1/8th of an inch. This was because the cap on the
side of the pedal was loose. I was able to get it
reasonably tight with two 1.5mm allen keys but I
hope that there is an actual tool for this. I think
a pin tool may work? I have a green pin tool but
it is too big. Anybody know what the right tool
for this is?

Also, is it possible to over tighten this?

Thanks, Alex

Old August 20th 05, 12:39 AM
Lou Holtman

Aman wrote:
Hi,

On my relativeley new, 2 months old, Time Atac XS
Titan pedals the left pedal was sliding side to side
about 1/8th of an inch. This was because the cap on the
side of the pedal was loose. I was able to get it
reasonably tight with two 1.5mm allen keys but I
hope that there is an actual tool for this. I think
a pin tool may work? I have a green pin tool but
it is too big. Anybody know what the right tool
for this is?

They come in all sizes ;-) Get a smaller one that fit.

Also, is it possible to over tighten this?

It is just a plastic cover. It does nothing. If you remove the this
plastic cap you see a nut. That's the one to preload the bearings. The
Time Atac XS have ****ty bearings. One ball bearing and one plastic
plain bearing that wears out fast. If you can replace that with a needle
bearing the same size. That's what I have done. Fortunately I have a
steel pedal axes.

Lou
--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu

SPD / Time ATAC Matt UK 3 May 30th 05 07:58 AM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Info on Time ATAC pedals? Gwood Mountain Biking 5 July 28th 04 01:51 PM
Armstrong's Tour De France Time Trials Rik O'Shea Racing 33 November 6th 03 03:46 AM
Time ATAC and Crank Bros EB cleats TobiasL Mountain Biking 2 September 9th 03 04:55 PM