Schwinn World Sport

Old August 18th 05, 05:56 PM
Sidewinder

Default Schwinn World Sport

I have just purchased a used Schwinn World Sport bike. The serial number
"1357" is stamped on the head badge. I contact ed Schwinn.com in order to
determine the date of manufacture of this bike and they say they cannot help
me. I know the "7" represents the last digit of the year of manufacture and
if someone can tell me the first and last year the World Sport was
manufactured if might help me to determine the date of manufacture.

New question! Can someone please tell me the difference between a mountain
bike brake cable and a road bike brake cable? Many thanks.

Old August 18th 05, 07:31 PM

World Sport production begam in Septembet 1924
ended in June 1933

Old August 18th 05, 08:02 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:56:48 -0500, "Sidewinder"
wrote:

I have just purchased a used Schwinn World Sport bike.

I always loved the name of that bike. I loved a lot of Schwinn model
names.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old August 18th 05, 11:37 PM

Schwinn resumed World Sport production in 1954 due to consumer demand.

Old August 19th 05, 03:27 PM

Sidewinder wrote:
I have just purchased a used Schwinn World Sport bike. The serial number
"1357" is stamped on the head badge. I contact ed Schwinn.com in order to
determine the date of manufacture of this bike and they say they cannot help
me. I know the "7" represents the last digit of the year of manufacture and
if someone can tell me the first and last year the World Sport was
manufactured if might help me to determine the date of manufacture.

New question! Can someone please tell me the difference between a mountain
bike brake cable and a road bike brake cable? Many thanks.

I had a Schwinn Sports Tourer in 1981. Its first year of production.
It was one model up from the World Sport. About $30 higher price. The
World Sport had been around a little before then. In the mid 1980s
Schwinn dropped my Sports Tourer model and improved the World Sport.
The World Sport was around until at least the late 1980s. My Sports
Tourer was 4130 steel frame. Made in Taiwan. Steel rims. Centerpull
brakes. Safety levers on the brake levers. SR crank with built in
chain guard. 52-40 rings. 5 speed freewheel. 14-28. SunTour 7 rear
derailleur. Stem shifters. 27" wheels. The World Sport was pretty
similar. Slightly better components later in the 1980s.

Old August 19th 05, 09:10 PM

rumour is the duke of winsor had five!

Old August 20th 05, 04:46 AM
Sidewinder