Wear a helmet, you know it makes sense. Especially after a few drinks.

Old October 28th 13, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Wear a helmet, you know it makes sense. Especially after a few drinks.

he had fallen from his bike on a narrow part of path where there is mud
and leaves.

"It is not believed that he was wearing a helmet, one was not found near
him and the cyclist who found him said he had not been wearing one
either. We are still asking for people to come forward with information
given that nobody actually witnessed the incident."

A 54-YEAR-OLD man is fighting for his life after suffering head injuries
following a late-night fall from his bicycle.

It is believed the man, whom police said had been travelling home from a
night out in the city centre, had not been wearing a helmet.

He was found by another cyclist at 12.30am on Saturday under the Pride
Park flyover on the path leading down to the river.

"He was travelling from the city centre, where we belive he had been out
on a night out,

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html
Old October 28th 13, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 07:52:17 -0000, Mrcheerful wrote:

[...]

Yes, it's all because of the helmet. What a stupid way to look at things.

I crashed my car when I was drunk, but the problem was there was no airbag....

--
7 wheelchair athletes have been banned from the Paralympics after they tested positive for WD40.
Old October 28th 13, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

"Mrcheerful" wrote

A 54-YEAR-OLD man is fighting for his life after suffering head injuries
following a late-night fall from his bicycle.

Several people are fighting for their lives after suffering head injuries
following a late-night fall down stairs.

It is believed the man, whom police said had been travelling home from a
night out in the city centre, had not been wearing a helmet.

It is believed these people, whom police said had not been travelling home
from a
night out in the city centre, had not been wearing helmets.

Old October 28th 13, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message
news
"He was travelling from the city centre, where we belive he had been out
on a night out,

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Yes, it's all because of the helmet. What a stupid way to look at things.

I crashed my car when I was drunk, but the problem was there was no
airbag....

So you were injured because you had no airbag, not because you were drunk.

Old October 28th 13, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Gefreiter Krueger

On Mon, 28 Oct 2013 12:11:32 -0000, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message
news
"He was travelling from the city centre, where we belive he had been out
on a night out,

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Cycl...ail/story.html

Yes, it's all because of the helmet. What a stupid way to look at things.

I crashed my car when I was drunk, but the problem was there was no
airbag....

So you were injured because you had no airbag, not because you were drunk.

That would appear to be the current attitude.

--
Peter is listening to "Motley Crue - Chicks = Trouble"
Old October 28th 13, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"TMS320" wrote in message
"Mrcheerful" wrote

A 54-YEAR-OLD man is fighting for his life after suffering head injuries
following a late-night fall from his bicycle.

Several people are fighting for their lives after suffering head injuries
following a late-night fall down stairs.

OT.

Don't ride drunk, you know it makes sense. Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 19 May 17th 12 07:08 PM
Always wear a helmet, she knew it made sense Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 0 October 24th 11 12:56 PM
It only makes sense! Fred2 UK 73 April 28th 11 03:33 AM
Now it Makes Sense Davey Crockett Racing 0 June 17th 07 10:01 AM
This Makes To Much Sense Art Deco Mountain Biking 0 January 27th 05 03:50 PM