Stuck seatpost - a new idea?

Old January 4th 15, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Stuck seatpost - a new idea?

what was the post abt ?

Old January 4th 15, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Saturday, January 3, 2015 8:24:10 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 12/31/2014 12:32 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:35:57 AM UTC-8, David Scheidt wrote:
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
:On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 18:01:52 +0700, John B. Slocomb
wrote:

:On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 19:42:24 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
:wrote:
:I guess not all alcohol fuels are the same.
:
:They sure are. Some you can drink and some you can't :-)

:100 proof is only 50% alcohol, so it's not really suitable for
:cooking. The US legal limit is 160 proof.

No, it's not. 160 proof might be a local limit, but it's not a US
limit.

It's also heavily taxed,
:making it uneconomical.

That it is.

Damned right. Here in Orygun, we got Everclear. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...learHiRes..jpg Mmmm. Goes with everything! Only $15.95/750 ml and available at 10 stores in my zipcode. http://www.oregonliquorsearch.com/se...olumn=Distance

Our legislature has legalized marijuana and 190 proof alcohol so we remain drunk and/or stoned and don't notice the crushing taxes.

We were just in Oregon and enjoyed the lack of sales tax. Oregon decided
against regressive taxes but the tax burden of progressive property
taxes and income taxes is very high. But the property values are much
lower than California so a higher percentage rate is needed. We met
several ex-Californians that cashed out their property in California and
moved to Oregon. They happily pay the higher property tax rate.

Still no self-serve gasoline either!

And the second highest state minimum wage (IIRC), but gas is not prohibitively expensive in Oregon. I was driving down from Mt Hood to Hood River a week ago, and some mom-and-pop places near Parkdale were selling gas for $1.99. The low price on the way up the mountain from the west (PDX) was $2.29. We get "gas points" shopping at a local supermarket, and I bought gas three days ago for $1.64. This matters during ski season, which is the only time of the year that I do any significant driving.

As for taxes, the trick is to live and work in Vancouver -- and shop in Portland. No income tax in Washington, and no sales tax in Oregon. Property tax is also lower in Washington.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 4th 15, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 1/4/2015 8:30 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

And the second highest state minimum wage (IIRC), but gas is not prohibitively expensive in Oregon. I was driving down from Mt Hood to Hood River a week ago, and some mom-and-pop places near Parkdale were selling gas for $1.99. The low price on the way up the mountain from the west (PDX) was $2.29. We get "gas points" shopping at a local supermarket, and I bought gas three days ago for $1.64. This matters during ski season, which is the only time of the year that I do any significant driving.

$2.26 at Freddie's in Bend. We didn't make it to Costco but it was
probably a bit less there.

Thank you for the free state park day on January 1st! We went to Smith
Rock State Park.

Removing a stuck carbon seatpost michael paese Marketplace 0 August 13th 11 08:18 PM
idea for all you weight savers out there ... a "hole-y" seatpost skrobo Unicycling 10 December 21st 08 07:49 PM
Stuck Seatpost Crazy_Bro Unicycling 1 April 2nd 08 04:19 AM
stuck seatpost sroche21 General 9 April 24th 07 06:39 PM
stuck seatpost... please help iddqdATworldonline.dk Mountain Biking 1 August 3rd 03 09:01 AM