I had to do this because nobody else did (helmets)

Old June 1st 14, 05:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default I had to do this because nobody else did (helmets)

You know the group was not going to get away without somebody (me) posting a link to the article about the British neurosurgeon who says that bike helmets are useless:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-surgeon.html

So shall I stop wearing my helmet?
Old June 1st 14, 06:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

#######
"You know the group was not going to get away without somebody (me) posting a link to the article about the British neurosurgeon who says that bike helmets are useless:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-surgeon.html

So shall I stop wearing my helmet?"

#######

First you need a brain. If you don't, it makes no difference either way. This is known as the Krygowski Defect.

Andre Jute
Old June 1st 14, 06:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 9:30:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
You know the group was not going to get away without somebody (me) posting a link to the article about the British neurosurgeon who says that bike helmets are useless:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-surgeon.html

Whatever.

So shall I stop wearing my helmet?

Your call.

My new foam hat arrived yesterday:

http://cdn.pocsports.com/images/6610/zoom.jpg

http://www.pocsports.com/en/product/...ckcountry-mips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIVRLo8WVgU

.... arrived yesterday. A marvelous product!

_A marvelous product!_

But it was just a bit too small for my gi-normous head.

(This is where it pays to buy direct from the manufacturer.)
I called them on the phone. An enthusiastic man wrote up a
return authorization. They did not have the size I
need in the color I want, but instead of trying to sell
me what they did have, he looked something up and told me
they will be getting some this summer and I could call him
back and he'd set me up.
Old June 1st 14, 06:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Saturday, May 31, 2014 9:30:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-surgeon.html

"Related Articles

The new standard in bathroom comfort and hygiene

:-)
Old June 2nd 14, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

On Sat, 31 May 2014 21:30:07 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

So shall I stop wearing my helmet?

Where will you hang your rear-view mirror?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old June 2nd 14, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.

wrote:

You know the group was not going to get away without somebody (me) posting a link to the article about the British neurosurgeon who says that bike helmets are useless:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-surgeon.html

So shall I stop wearing my helmet?

Some time ago I posted a reference to something that the guy that
heads the British testing Lab wrote. He mentions that during a court
trial none of the expert witness surgeons would positively state that
a helmet would, or would not, protect the rider. They said that the
range of injuries was too great to make an all inclusive statement.
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Old June 2nd 14, 07:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John White[_2_]

wrote:

So shall I stop wearing my helmet?

Where will you hang your rear-view mirror?

Where I do: on the glasses. Truth is, I'd rather ride without my helmet
than without my glasses/mirror, but I normally wear both.
Old June 30th 14, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

wrote:

You know the group was not going to get away without
somebody (me) posting a link to the article about the
British neurosurgeon who says that bike helmets are useless:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...n-surgeon.html
So shall I stop wearing my helmet?

Ignoring the medical and safety issues, here's an interesting article
expounding on a similar helmet issue among hockey players.

"Why do hockey players support helmet rules, even though they choose
not to wear helmets when there is no rule?"
http://www.econport.org/content/teaching/modules/NFG/Hockey.html

In hockey, it would seem that the major disincentives and issues
surrounding helmet use are psychological, not technical. Of course,
cyclists do not have any problems with vanity, arrogance, envy, self
promotion, status, macho, etc.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

Cycle Helmets vs Motor Cycle Helmets Bret Cahill[_3_] UK 1 August 21st 12 06:07 PM
Equestrian helmets as bicycle helmets? [email protected][_2_] General 19 December 27th 09 02:56 AM
helmets UpNorthBob Racing 1 July 19th 06 07:59 PM
Helmets week on my new blog, a question regarding helmets and my blog. 101bike Racing 7 March 18th 06 03:14 AM
Helmets helmets helmets and weird heads Tamyka Bell Australia 3 November 30th 04 11:25 AM