More kudus to Julian Dean

Old July 15th 10, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
drmofe

Default More kudus to Julian Dean

....for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
....for getting in his face...

Capital job!
Old July 15th 10, 09:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
i,fred

drmofe wrote:
....for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
....for getting in his face...

Capital job!

That was pretty cool. He's been around and doesn't
need to take heat from anyone.

i,fred
Old July 15th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Jul 16, 8:55*am, "i,fred" wrote:
drmofe wrote:
....for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
....for getting in his face...

Capital job!

That was pretty cool. He's been around and doesn't
need to take heat from anyone.

i,fred

I'm disappointed local (NZ) media turning it into another Aussie v
kiwi thing.
Old July 15th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Henry[_4_]

On Jul 16, 8:51*am, drmofe wrote:
...for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
...for getting in his face...

Capital job!

isn't a kudu a kind of antelope? or did I just get wooshed ?
Old July 15th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MyPostingID

On Jul 15, 5:56*pm, Henry wrote:
On Jul 16, 8:51*am, drmofe wrote:

...for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
...for getting in his face...

Capital job!

isn't a kudu a kind of antelope? or did I just get wooshed ?

Yes, there's a greater kudu and a lesser kudu.
Old July 16th 10, 10:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Betty[_2_]

MyPostingID wrote:
Yes, there's a greater kudu and a lesser kudu.

And a gnu too.
Old July 16th 10, 11:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

On Jul 15, 9:51*pm, drmofe wrote:

...for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
...for getting in his face...

Capital job!

Well, call me old fashioned, but if you're a lead out man then you're
supposed to get your sprinter to the head of affairs rather than
simply annoy the opposition. At the time of the "head butting"
incident, Farrar isn't actually on Dean's wheel, but is behind
Cavendish and dithering as to which wheel to follow. One thing's for
certain it isn't Dean's. Looking at it again, Garmin's moves do seem
odd, particularly from above. Firstly, Dean has evidently forgotten
about his man and appears to be going for glory himself. Doh! When
Cavendish goes, Farrar initially moves across to the left to follow
him but, failing to get on then moves markedly to the right which
brings him behind Renshaw. Renshaw then takes him back to the barrier
but I can see that my first thought that was a worse move than the
head-butting incident was wrong. It was just stupidity on Farrar's
part. Why would you deliberately move from chasing the favourite back
into the path of his lead-out man? You might not think you're going
to beat him but surely if you concentrate on chasing him and have a
clear path to the line you should take it? If Garmin continue to ride
like that it won't matter if they get the whole of HTC disqualified
somebody is going to beat them every time...

UD

Old July 16th 10, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
thirty-six

On 16 July, 11:00, Uncle Dave wrote:
On Jul 15, 9:51*pm, drmofe wrote:

...for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
...for getting in his face...

Capital job!

Well, call me old fashioned, but if you're a lead out man then you're
supposed to get your sprinter to the head of affairs rather than
simply annoy the opposition. *At the time of the "head butting"
incident, Farrar isn't actually on Dean's wheel, but is behind
Cavendish and dithering as to which wheel to follow. *

If you know there going to be some gameplay, you want a bit of space
in case they come down..

Old July 16th 10, 01:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

On Jul 15, 9:51*pm, drmofe wrote:

[...]

UD- Hide quoted text -

If Butt-Head wanted room on his right, then he should have pedaled
faster and no let Dean speed past him on a good line.
Old July 16th 10, 01:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Jul 15, 3:55*pm, "i,fred" wrote:
drmofe wrote:
....for getting a-head of Mark Renshaw...
....for getting in his face...

Capital job!

That was pretty cool. He's been around and doesn't
need to take heat from anyone.

i,fred

Um, Dean moved over on Renshaw in order to squeeze Renshaw and then
Cavendish.
First offense was Dean's. One head-butt might have done the job, and
deservedly so.
--D-y

Dean Golich? Carl Sundquist Racing 1 August 23rd 08 01:06 AM
Julian Dean fined in Stage 4. Michael Press Racing 5 July 7th 06 05:24 PM
Julian Monney? unicycleboy Unicycling 3 May 3rd 04 01:41 AM
RR: Tour de Julian (long) Cone Killer Mountain Biking 4 November 29th 03 06:59 PM
Anyone else doing Tour de Julian? Cone Killer Mountain Biking 10 November 22nd 03 05:46 AM