Cycling ride to the Xochitecatl Archaeological Site (MX)

Old December 11th 07, 11:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides, rec.bicycles.misc, rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech
erasmo

Default Cycling ride to the Xochitecatl Archaeological Site (MX)

Hi dear Cyclists:

I would like to share the report of the cycling ride to the
Xochitecatl Archaeological Site, in the mexican state of Tlaxcala.
This time I was blessed with the opportunity to take photographs of a
gigantic pilgrimage to the shrine of the Lady of Guadalupe in the
Tepeyac, main religious figure of Mexico.

This report is available at the following address:

http://tinyurl.com/2n5uhx

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards

--
GPS Cycling Tours
http://erasmo.r8.org
Old December 22nd 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Pat[_4_]

"erasmo" You post frequently on here about the beautiful places to go on a
bicycle in Mexico, but I've gotta tell you, I am a little worried about
security or safety for a foreigner traveling alone by bike. You are a
"native" I assume. I would stick out as a tourist. So, is it safe for me?
There has been a lot in the news lately about crime in Mexico.

Pat in TX

Old December 22nd 07, 09:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
erasmo

On Dec 22, 2:35*pm, "Pat" wrote:
"erasmo" You post frequently on here about the beautiful places to go on a
bicycle in Mexico, but I've gotta tell you, I am a little worried about
security or safety for a foreigner traveling alone by bike. You are a
"native" I assume. I would stick out as a tourist. So, is it safe for me?
There has been a lot in the news lately about crime in Mexico.

Pat in TX

Hi dear Pat:

Thank you very much for your reply :-)

Although it is certainly a fact that crime is a major handicap in my
country (yep, I am a native), it is also another fact that a number of
foreign cyclists have already travelled along the whole Mexico, solo
females included, and they have reported no problems related to their
security.

I tend to think (based in my own experience) that crime along the
roads of my country tends to be targeted to the usually assumed best
"income sources" (i.e. "the rich people"). A side effect of this "way
of thinking" is that in México, travelling by bike is commonly
associated with the much less privileged sectors of the population
(i.e. "the poors"). In this way, travelling by bicycle becomes a sort
of "insurance" against robbery attempts :-)

But as with any other aspect of life: your mileage may vary.

I would only advertise the use of common sense and the best sheer of
luck in our travels. Hope that helps :-)

Regards