4 yrs for murder ? Out in 8-12 months ?

Old April 28th 11, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default 4 yrs for murder ? Out in 8-12 months ?

http://www.cbs8.com/story/14524516/s...-to-face-judge
Old April 28th 11, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred

On Apr 28, 7:36*am, Anton Berlin wrote:
http://www.cbs8.com/story/14524516/s...icyclist-hit-r...

Wasn't murder, dumbass. An accident resulting in death, not murder.

If he'd rear-ended a car and someone died, you wouldn't have even
noticed. Since when have cyclists become a protected group, like gays
or whatever? We don't need 'hate crime' protection.

Fred
Old April 28th 11, 03:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas[_2_]

Fred wrote:
accident

Wrong word choice. Presumes no blame.
Old April 28th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Apr 28, 9:41*am, Fred wrote:
On Apr 28, 7:36*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/14524516/s...icyclist-hit-r...

Wasn't murder, dumbass. *An accident resulting in death, not murder.

If he'd rear-ended a car and someone died, you wouldn't have even
noticed. *Since when have cyclists become a protected group, like gays
or whatever? *We don't need 'hate crime' protection.

Typically when someone kills someone with a car, leaves the scene, and
then turns themselves in the next day, it's at the urging of counsel
and after their BAC has come down to non-felony levels.

Old April 28th 11, 03:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
--D-y

On Apr 28, 9:08*am, RicodJour wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:41*am, Fred wrote:

On Apr 28, 7:36*am, Anton Berlin wrote:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/14524516/s...icyclist-hit-r....

Wasn't murder, dumbass. *An accident resulting in death, not murder.

If he'd rear-ended a car and someone died, you wouldn't have even
noticed. *Since when have cyclists become a protected group, like gays
or whatever? *We don't need 'hate crime' protection.

Typically when someone kills someone with a car, leaves the scene, and
then turns themselves in the next day, it's at the urging of counsel
and after their BAC has come down to non-felony levels.

And someone has been sent outside to get the beer cans out of the
truck.

One of the comments at the story link:
(Quote):
SAID THIS BEFORE, AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN (TO CA LEGISLATORS): MAKE
LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT THREE TIMES THE MINIMUM DRUNK-DRIVING
PENALTY HAD THE PERSON STOPPED AND REPORTED IT (NOT TO MENTION
RENDERED AID TO THE PERSON WHOSE FACE WAS MASHED INTO THE PAVEMENT).
99 AND 44/100% OF IDIOTS WHO LEAVE THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT ARE DRUNK
(OR STONED OR GREATLY IMPAIRED IN SOME WAY). THE CARNAGE ON OUR ROADS
AND UNSPEAKABLE INHUMANITY (AND APATHY ABOUT IT) HAS GOT TO STOP!
IMAGINE WHAT THESE VICTIM'S FAMILIES HAVE TO GO THROUGH! (end quote)

Bad typing, good idea. A logical extension of "having the right to be
there", which is a form of protection: and nothing wrong with some
"special interest protection", either, as long as I'm responding.
--D-y
Old April 28th 11, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Apr 28, 9:41*am, Fred wrote:
*Since when have cyclists become a protected group, like gays
or whatever?

seeing as how we parade down the street in garish lycra costumes, do
you really need to ask that question?

Murder for once Squashme UK 61 May 12th 10 07:45 AM
Driver gets murder conviction [email protected] General 8 April 12th 06 09:36 AM
Driver gets away with murder Peter Signorini Australia 26 April 22nd 05 03:35 AM
Nurnberger is Murder Sierraman Racing 3 March 22nd 05 09:44 PM
upcoming MURDER at the LBS dgk General 25 January 23rd 05 03:28 PM