dent in the wheel

Old March 9th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Pat[_7_]

Default dent in the wheel

I went to go ride this a.m. and noticed a diagonal dent in the side wall of
my wheel. Not only do I not know how/when it happened, but I need somebody
to tell me if I can just ignore it. How important is this kind of thing? The
brakes still work fine....

Old March 9th 08, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
daveornee[_156_]

Pat Wrote:
I went to go ride this a.m. and noticed a diagonal dent in the side wall
of
my wheel. Not only do I not know how/when it happened, but I need
somebody
to tell me if I can just ignore it. How important is this kind of
thing? The
brakes still work fine....

Watch the area for cracks and keep watch on the spoke tension balance,
especially in that area. I rode over 1,000 miles on a tour with a
similar situation. I watched it carefully... maybe it was on my mind to
much. When I finished the tour in Portland, Maine I replaced the rim
even though it never showed a crack or made any change in spoke
tension.... I just wanted to remove the potential problem from my mind.

--
daveornee

Dent in my top tube :( Paul Myron Hobson Techniques 16 November 6th 07 02:34 PM
We don't dent, we die. Tony Raven[_2_] UK 97 September 9th 07 07:42 PM
Dent in chainstay OK? [email protected] Techniques 4 December 6th 04 07:02 PM
Dent removal Pete Beall Techniques 7 July 5th 04 06:53 AM
Dent in frame Neil Guthrie Mountain Biking 6 July 22nd 03 05:06 PM