Campagnolo O/S Cassette Body Bearings Question

Old July 10th 05, 02:26 AM
Robin Hubert

Default Campagnolo O/S Cassette Body Bearings Question

RonSonic wrote:
On 9 Jul 2005 12:38:20 -0700, "Robin Hubert" wrote:

A Muzi wrote:

Robin Hubert wrote:

Can these be removed/replaced? Mine are shot and I'd rather not pay the
big bucks for Campagnolo small parts if I can help it.

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

The upper one can, I can't remember the number but QBPs has them. The
inner one cannot but I have never seen one go south, only yhe top one.
The inner one is held by a blind c-clip that is really impossible to
remove.

-snip-

Both are replaced here without dificulty. You should look
inside again. That clip is not so difficult.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Once again, I'll ask the question, could one of you really smart guys
explain how this is done, or should I just hack it myself and report
back to the newsgroup with some TRULY HELPFUL INFORMATION?

Two of the supposed most knowledgeable bike guys on this newsgroup, and
not a legitimate answer to a poster's question. Interested in showing
off or helping today?

You asked if they could be replaced and you got your answer, "YES."

You were also advised that QBC has the parts.

Thanks for your time! No, really!!!

I cannot imagine why on earth anyone here would ever again even begin to bother
trying to help you. It isn't like there's any appreciation or gratitude
involved. Maybe your momma responds helpfully when you shriek and beat on your
high chair, don't think anyone here will.

If you didn't get enough of an answer, you might try asking another question
instead of insulting the people who already told you what you asked.

Ron

Uh, thanks,

Robin
Old July 10th 05, 02:42 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Robin Hubert wrote:

Once again, I'll ask the question, could one of you really smart guys
explain how this is done, or should I just hack it myself and report
back to the newsgroup with some TRULY HELPFUL INFORMATION?

Two of the supposed most knowledgeable bike guys on this newsgroup, and
not a legitimate answer to a poster's question. Interested in showing
off or helping today?

Thanks for your time! No, really!!!

Robin Hubert

Why don't you calm down Robin. This is the second post today that I've
read from you, the other about turning a sp clamp around, that is
really 'in yer face' type thing.

As for the bearing, tap out the top bearing, clean out the grease and
look inside, see a c-clip-remove it...

now be a nice boy and take yer pill....

Old July 12th 05, 08:21 AM
A Muzi

Robin Hubert wrote:
Once again, I'll ask the question, could one of you really smart guys
explain how this is done, or should I just hack it myself and report
back to the newsgroup with some TRULY HELPFUL INFORMATION?

Two of the supposed most knowledgeable bike guys on this newsgroup, and
not a legitimate answer to a poster's question. Interested in showing
off or helping today?

Sorry. I don't get to recreate here as often as I would like
now.
Turn the cassette body over and tap out the outer bearing.
The inner bearing is retained by a slit snapring. You can
undo that with a pointy spoke by walking one end out of its
groove, follow it around until it pops out. The bearing is
neither rare nor expensive.

Old July 12th 05, 08:34 AM
A Muzi

RonSonic wrote:
You asked if they could be replaced and you got your answer, "YES."
You were also advised that QBC has the parts.
I cannot imagine why on earth anyone here would ever again even begin to bother
trying to help you. It isn't like there's any appreciation or gratitude
involved. Maybe your momma responds helpfully when you shriek and beat on your
high chair, don't think anyone here will.

If you didn't get enough of an answer, you might try asking another question
instead of insulting the people who already told you what you asked.

I wasn't offended. But I was surprised that someone with a
bad bearnig wasn't curious enough to find the snap ring.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

FS: NEW Campagnolo Record Ti 12-23 9sp cassette [email protected] Marketplace 0 November 15th 04 05:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
Making Campagnolo 9/10 Speed Rear Hub/Cassette Compatible with Dura-Ace 7 Speed rosco Techniques 6 March 19th 04 04:47 AM
Mud and Bearings quark soup Unicycling 5 February 16th 04 04:05 AM
Average Speed ( What should I do ) Ozzii Pete Australia 16 December 12th 03 11:30 AM