Nice tires

Old March 8th 08, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Nice tires

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share my experiences with some tires I've been using.

Panaracer Extreme Duro 700x23.

I had been previously been suffering from many flats from sharp wet
gravel strewn all over the place. I tried a few different tires, none
of which could seem to go more than at most 2 rides before flatting.

So far I have about 1500km on these Panaracers in the same wet
conditions with no flats.

These are a smooth tread tires with an extra thick tread. The casings
are pretty supple and the tires have a pretty good feel. A little
wooden compared to paper-thin racing tires, but who cares? One thing
they have in abundance is grip. It is amazing. Cornering wet or dry is
great. I find I have been cornering extra fast just for the fun of it.

Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.

Joseph
Old March 8th 08, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Baldwin

Hi All,
Just thought I'd share my experiences with some tires I've
been using.
Panaracer Extreme Duro 700x23.

Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.
Joseph

Joseph, I keep hearing/reading good things about Panaracer tires in
general, thanks for sharing.

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Old March 8th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Price

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:15:05 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

[---]

Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.

How much do they weigh?
Old March 8th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:15:05 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

[---]

Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.

How much do they weigh?

To little information in the question to provide an answer, since the
local value of gravity was not specified.

To avoid this issue in the future, please ask what the mass of the tires is.

Hope this helps,

Old March 8th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ozark Bicycle

On Mar 8, 2:03*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:15:05 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

[---]

Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.

How much do they weigh?

To little information in the question to provide an answer, since the
local value of gravity was not specified.

To avoid this issue in the future, please ask what the mass of the tires is.

Hope this helps,

Mock the weight weenies at your peril, knave! At the moment, no issue
in all of cycling carries more weight than weight itself. Someday, the
weight of weight will be outweighed by the trend to "12 speed", but
for that we must wait.
Old March 8th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

"Ozark Bicycle" wrote:
On Mar 8, 2:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:15:05 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:
[---]
Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.
How much do they weigh?

To little information in the question to provide an answer, since the
local value of gravity was not specified.

To avoid this issue in the future, please ask what the mass of the tires is.

Hope this helps,

Mock the weight weenies at your peril, knave! At the moment, no issue
in all of cycling carries more weight than weight itself. Someday, the
weight of weight will be outweighed by the trend to "12 speed", but
for that we must wait.

Hey, I upgraded to 12-speed in 1982 when I bought a Peugeot P-8 from
Andrew Muzi.

Old March 8th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mar 8, 9:03*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:15:05 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:

[---]

Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.

How much do they weigh?

To little information in the question to provide an answer, since the
local value of gravity was not specified.

To avoid this issue in the future, please ask what the mass of the tires is.

Hope this helps,

I don't know how much they weigh at your latitude, but at mine the
difference between weight and mass are well within the tolerance of my
cheap scale! 240g.

Joseph
Old March 8th 08, 08:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Mar 8, 9:39*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
aka Joseph Santaniello wrote:

On Mar 8, 9:03 pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
Andrew Price wrote:
On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 02:15:05 -0800 (PST),
" wrote:
[---]
Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.
How much do they weigh?
To little information in the question to provide an answer, since the
local value of gravity was not specified.

To avoid this issue in the future, please ask what the mass of the tires is.

Hope this helps,

I don't know how much they weigh at your latitude, but at mine the
difference between weight and mass are well within the tolerance of my
cheap scale! 240g.

Due to the moon, gravity will vary during at a fixed location. For about
$50K, one can get a nice gravity meter to verify this.

I'd have to sell my dowsing stick collection take make room in my
shed. No can do.

Joseph
Old March 8th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

" wrote:
[---]
Anyone looking for narrow smooth tread durable tires should consider
these.

Andrew Price wrote:
How much do they weigh?

Tom Sherman wrote:
Hey, I upgraded to 12-speed in 1982 when I bought a Peugeot P-8 from
Andrew Muzi.

The 'killer app' of its era!
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

FS: Tires T-Mobile Continental GP 3000 Tires Scott Morrison Marketplace 1 August 29th 07 10:59 PM
[OT] Nice One Tony Raven[_2_] UK 8 August 25th 07 04:53 PM
Order a pair of tires or 3 tires? RS Techniques 12 July 12th 06 06:40 PM
Wide Mt. Bike Tires vs. Thin Tires [email protected] Mountain Biking 17 April 12th 05 06:13 AM
relative cost/usage between bicycle tires and automobile tires Anonymous Techniques 46 April 7th 04 07:03 PM