7 pound road bike

Old March 10th 08, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Baldwin

Default 7 pound road bike

http://www.velonews.com/article/7303...und-road-bike-

Old March 10th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 9, 9:49 pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/article/7303...und-road-bike-

Too bad he got the wrong size.
Old March 10th 08, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Baldwin

...I knew this would generate something from Fogel Labs - Thanks for
Sharing

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Old March 10th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Baldwin

Landotter writes

Too bad he got the wrong size.

Maybe he ordered it 3 blocks down the street from you

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Old March 10th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 22:49:50 -0400, (Michael Baldwin)
wrote:

http://www.velonews.com/article/7303...und-road-bike-

Dear Michael,

It sounds as if dwarf safety bicycles have managed to lose not quite
two pounds since 1895:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...d9776b77581c96

In 1889, a production James racing highwheeler weighed 11 lbs, less
that the £20 that it sold for.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old March 10th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Mar 9, 10:58 pm, (Michael Baldwin) wrote:
Landotter writes

Too bad he got the wrong size.

Maybe he ordered it 3 blocks down the street from you

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin

Nah, the LBS guys are retail retards, but veteran racers and wrenches
with wives that make 'em stock the dorky stuff. I love 'em anyways.
Put it this way: if you buy a length of brake housing, they'll throw a
couple ferrules and cable ends in the bag. That means something to me.
Old March 10th 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike

In article , says...
http://www.velonews.com/article/7303...und-road-bike-

....and if he did without brakes or gears he could have saved another 300+ g!
Old March 11th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Michael Baldwin wrote:
http://www.velonews.com/article/7303...und-road-bike-

More weight could have been saved by cutting off the drops, as they are
so low as to be unusable unless the rider is more Stretch Armstrong than
Lance Armstrong.

Old March 11th 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ®

"Michael Baldwin" wrote in message
http://www.velonews.com/article/7303...und-road-bike-

It you stare it really really hard, it will start to dissolve.

Old March 11th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Baldwin

Tom Sherman taking a much deserved break from the "foam hat and obama
did or didn't do" thread says;

--
Tom Sherman

...but then it wouldn't look like an english racer...

Tom did I ever tell you my kids were hellions. They _broke_ their
Stretch Armstrong doll and hid it under the bed in their room. Seems
Stretch oozed a plasmazoid spew that ate a hole in the the burnt umber
shag. I attribute this ordeal to why the youngest repeated 4th grade
twice! At his high school graduation as he was accepting his diploma, a
sweet old lady behind us said, "Oh look. Even the janitor finally got
his diploma."

Best Regards - Mike Baldwin