Norwich man attacked by pavement bike-weapon

Old July 3rd 13, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Norwich man attacked by pavement bike-weapon

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...ike_1_83039 9

The attack happened on Friday at some point between 8.10am and 8.30am. The
48-year-old victim was walking towards the city centre close to Petals
Florist when he was attacked.

The cyclist made a comment to the pedestrian before hitting him with his
bicycle and then riding off along the pavement. The victim suffered an
injury as a result of the attack.

The cyclist had short blonde hair, was about 5ft 6ins talls, clean shaven
and of thin build.

Old July 3rd 13, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Watson

In article ,
"Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/..._with_his_bike
_1_830399

The attack happened on Friday at some point between 8.10am and 8.30am. The
48-year-old victim was walking towards the city centre close to Petals
Florist when he was attacked.

The cyclist made a comment to the pedestrian before hitting him with his
bicycle and then riding off along the pavement. The victim suffered an
injury as a result of the attack.

The cyclist had short blonde hair, was about 5ft 6ins talls, clean shaven
and of thin build.

Translation: cyclist was on pavement when pedestrian got stroppy and
stood in front of the bike. Bike rode over his big toe. Pedestrian
decides to allege 'assault', and will shortly be contacting the Daily
Mail, so that enough noise is made about the incident, and he can claim
compensation.
Old July 3rd 13, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Andy Watson" wrote in message

The cyclist made a comment to the pedestrian before hitting him with his
bicycle and then riding off along the pavement. The victim suffered an
injury as a result of the attack.

The cyclist had short blonde hair, was about 5ft 6ins talls, clean shaven
and of thin build.

Translation: cyclist was on pavement

Yep, sounds about right.

Old July 3rd 13, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

[...]

If a pavement cyclist comes towards me I will always stand in front of him.
I will allow him the first slap. Then I will put him in hospital.

Old July 3rd 13, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

Translation: cyclist was on pavement when pedestrian got stroppy and
stood in front of the bike. Bike rode over his big toe. Pedestrian
decides to allege 'assault', and will shortly be contacting the Daily
Mail, so that enough noise is made about the incident, and he can claim
compensation.

If a pavement cyclist comes towards me I will always stand in front of
him.
I will allow him the first slap. Then I will put him in hospital.

And that's how it should be. Same for someone driving a car along the
pavement. Same for a pedestrian standing in the road for no good reason,
etc.

Old July 3rd 13, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Watson

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/...man_with_his_b
[...]

fx: explodes with laughter
Old July 3rd 13, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Andy Watson

In article ,
"Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

Translation: cyclist was on pavement when pedestrian got stroppy and
stood in front of the bike. Bike rode over his big toe. Pedestrian
decides to allege 'assault', and will shortly be contacting the Daily
Mail, so that enough noise is made about the incident, and he can claim
compensation.

If a pavement cyclist comes towards me I will always stand in front of
him.
I will allow him the first slap. Then I will put him in hospital.

And that's how it should be. Same for someone driving a car along the
pavement. Same for a pedestrian standing in the road for no good reason,
etc.

And, presumably, the same for when a car driver (who uses the road as a
matter of privilege) acts aggressively towards a cyclist (who uses the
road as a matter of right).