wire removal

Old December 28th 15, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joe Riel

Default wire removal

Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

--
Joe Riel

Old December 28th 15, 05:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 8:18:12 AM UTC-8, JoeRiel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

I've always managed to grab them with my fingers -- although it gets tough in the winter and in the rain. A small set of tweezers is certainly an option. Other options would be bulkier needle-nose or hemostats. According to this article, Kevlar belts and liners don't help: http://softsolder.com/2010/10/22/ano...michelin-hair/

-- Jay Beattie.
Old December 28th 15, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

jbeattie wrote in
:

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 8:18:12 AM UTC-8, JoeRiel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire
from the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers
to the miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

I've always managed to grab them with my fingers -- although it gets
tough in the winter and in the rain. A small set of tweezers is
certainly an option. Other options would be bulkier needle-nose or
hemostats. According to this article, Kevlar belts and liners don't
help: http://softsolder.com/2010/10/22/ano...michelin-hair/

I carry a Leatherman Juice (in my experience, the only multitool with a
corkscrew) and have been able to extract foreign bodies from tires and the
like with its pliers.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5038-529/l...c2-multi-tool/
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old December 28th 15, 06:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 11:18:12 AM UTC-5, JoeRiel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

--
Joe Riel

no swiss ?

https://www.google.com/search?site=i...87.7RYmRzIAGQI
Old December 28th 15, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/28/2015 10:18 AM, Joe Riel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

We push them out from the inside with a pointy spoke.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 28th 15, 06:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bertrand

Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

I used my teeth once.
Old December 28th 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, December 28, 2015 at 8:18:12 AM UTC-8, JoeRiel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

--
Joe Riel

swiss army classic in the patch kit box
Old December 28th 15, 09:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Clive George

On 28/12/2015 16:18, Joe Riel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

Swiss army knife with pliers in it.

Old December 28th 15, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Peter Howard[_6_]

On 29/12/2015 2:18 AM, Joe Riel wrote:
Flatted yesterday. Wasted fifteen minutes extracting the tiny wire from
the tire for lack of a proper tool. Will probably add tweezers to the
miniscule toolkit. Any better suggestions?

Leatherman Squirt PS4. Needlenose pliers and other useful tools. 60grams
60mm
PH
Old December 28th 15, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Leatherman Wave now in Portland for repair of can opener tip

Nbar multi hex key tool

what's that wire? Ben Trovato Racing 2 March 28th 11 06:47 AM
Is She Standing on the Wire? Nuxx Bar UK 4 February 26th 11 10:39 PM
Down to the wire. Michael Press Racing 1 July 23rd 06 12:00 PM
Beekeepers wire? Zog The Undeniable Techniques 20 August 26th 04 12:58 AM
Nepean Hwy - Barbed wire Wayne Reid Australia 2 August 20th 04 01:10 AM