Looking for good racing bike gloves

Old July 12th 04, 11:15 PM
Bob in CT

Default Looking for good racing bike gloves

I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't help
racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods longer on my
racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves for those times I
ride my racing bike? Thanks!

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 12th 04, 11:31 PM
Bruce Frech

TeoSport. The glove's padded section has spaces so when you close your hand
around the bar the sections join but do not bunch up.

Bruce

Old July 13th 04, 12:28 AM
HardwareLust

Bob in CT wrote:
I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't
help racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods
longer on my racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves
for those times I ride my racing bike? Thanks!

I had a hard time finding gloves that I liked, as gloves are a very personal
thing. About the only pair of normal, 1/2 finger cycling gloves I've found
that I like are the new generation Specialized Body Geometry gloves. The
padding used to be too thick, but they thinned it out this year, and now I
love them.

Regards,
H.

Old July 13th 04, 02:56 PM
Bob in CT

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:31:40 GMT, Bruce Frech
wrote:

TeoSport. The glove's padded section has spaces so when you close your
hand
around the bar the sections join but do not bunch up.

Bruce

Thanks, Bruce. I'll check these out.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 13th 04, 02:57 PM
Bob in CT

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:28:37 GMT, HardwareLust wrote:

Bob in CT wrote:
I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't
help racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods
longer on my racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves
for those times I ride my racing bike? Thanks!

I had a hard time finding gloves that I liked, as gloves are a very
personal
thing. About the only pair of normal, 1/2 finger cycling gloves I've
found
that I like are the new generation Specialized Body Geometry gloves. The
padding used to be too thick, but they thinned it out this year, and now
love them.

Regards,
H.

Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply
Old July 13th 04, 08:06 PM
HardwareLust

Bob in CT wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

Actually, until I found those Specialized gloves a couple of months ago, I
usually wore my full finger MTB gloves while on my road bike.

Yes indeed, it looked goofy, and they made my hands sweat in the summer, but
at least my hands (especially my thumb!) didn't hurt.

Regards,
H.

Old July 13th 04, 08:14 PM
Bob in CT

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:06:25 GMT, HardwareLust wrote:

Bob in CT wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

Actually, until I found those Specialized gloves a couple of months ago,
usually wore my full finger MTB gloves while on my road bike.

Yes indeed, it looked goofy, and they made my hands sweat in the summer,
but
at least my hands (especially my thumb!) didn't hurt.

Regards,
H.

I've actually thought about doing that, as I have some nice gloves for
mountain biking (I even have the kind for twist-shifters, where the thumb
and one finger are completely covered but the other three fingers are only
half covered -- hmmm; maybe I should try these?). The worst set I have
has padding only near the outside of the hands. These are terrible for my
racing bike, although they're not bad for the mountain bike.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply