Who? Me? Pushy?

Old June 4th 11, 04:42 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Who? Me? Pushy?

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...ml?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph too,
although the ones I know of do not have beards but are probably just as
vicious
Old June 4th 11, 11:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Sun, 05 Jun 2011 01:42:58 +1000
Geoff Lock glock@home wrote:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...ml?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph too,
although the ones I know of do not have beards but are probably just as
vicious

Don't have engineering degrees either

Zebee
Old June 5th 11, 11:20 AM posted to aus.bicycle
David J Richardson[_3_]

In article ,
Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...shy-pushbikers
-pushing-their-luck-20110603-1fl1p.html?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph
too, although the ones I know of do not have beards but are
probably just as vicious

Don't have engineering degrees either

As a bearded engineer degree-holding cycle commuter I'm offended.

I did like the imagery of "arse-flab dribbling over the edge of the
seat into the little gap where the handbrake is" though.

--
David J Richardson --
http://davidj.richardson.name/ - Dr Who articles/interviews/reviews
Old June 6th 11, 05:01 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

On 5/06/2011 8:20 PM, David J Richardson wrote:
In ,
Zebee wrote:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...shy-pushbikers
-pushing-their-luck-20110603-1fl1p.html?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph
too, although the ones I know of do not have beards but are
probably just as vicious

Don't have engineering degrees either

As a bearded engineer degree-holding cycle commuter I'm offended.

Here we go, here we go, another recumbent rider? !! Show us some
viciousness, Davo!!!!!

I did like the imagery of "arse-flab dribbling over the edge of the
seat into the little gap where the handbrake is" though.

I am sorry I can't visualise that just yet, mate, cos I have 2
handbrakes and they are up the front on me handle bars and there is very
very little room for any flab to dribble into
Old June 6th 11, 05:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Zebee Johnstone

Zebee wrote:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...shy-pushbikers
-pushing-their-luck-20110603-1fl1p.html?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph
too, although the ones I know of do not have beards but are
probably just as vicious

Don't have engineering degrees either

As a bearded engineer degree-holding cycle commuter I'm offended.

Here we go, here we go, another recumbent rider? !! Show us some
viciousness, Davo!!!!!

I did like the imagery of "arse-flab dribbling over the edge of the
seat into the little gap where the handbrake is" though.

I am sorry I can't visualise that just yet, mate, cos I have 2
handbrakes and they are up the front on me handle bars and there is very
very little room for any flab to dribble into

If mine dribbled into my handbrakes I'd be sitting on the handlebars.

I suspec the poor bugger has only seen a recumbent trike and so has no
idea how many of us weirdos are out there....

Zebee
Old June 6th 11, 06:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Zebee wrote:

[...]

Heheheheh!! He musta seen enough to have the fear of his favourite
divinity put into him Little does he know cos, as a bloke, if he knew
what was good for him, it's not the bearded ones with engineering
degrees he should be worried about ))))
Old June 6th 11, 08:45 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Shirley Nott[_2_]

Zebee wrote:

[...]

The writer was referring to car drivers. The actual quote:

"... It just makes us feel insecure and unattractive, sitting in our cars, our arse-flab
dribbling over the edge of the seat into the little gap where the handbrake is ...".

The preceding sentence was:

:... And OK, maybe they're slightly more fit and healthy, but do they have to taunt us so
cruelly by wiggling their sexy pert buttocks in our faces as they ride by? ...".

Shirley Nott.

Old June 6th 11, 07:59 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Zebee wrote:

[...]

Just relax, mate

We are having a giggle here and some poetic licence is being taken with
interpreting what the writer was referring to.

The preceding sentence was:

:... And OK, maybe they're slightly more fit and healthy, but do they
have to taunt us so cruelly by wiggling their sexy pert buttocks in our
faces as they ride by? ...".

I wear baggy jeans which I believe quite effecively hide the
aforementioned part of my anatomy when I stand up on my pedals whilst
pretending I am the mighty Thor Hushovd

I confess I have never seen myself from the rear when I do my Thor
Hushovd imitation but with my baggy jeans, it is highly unlikely that I
am seen to be wiggling anything sexy or pert Of cos, I cannot speak
for those who wear the fabric, whose name shall remain unmentioned, out
of deference to Patrick Keogh, who admonished me on the subject of the
fabric, whose name shall remain unmentioned, (amongst other things) in
this newsgroup some time ago

{Hahahahah, got you involved now, haven't I, Patrick? Sorry, mate
Just haven't heard from you in a while , that's all, and tort I'd throw
your name in somewhere }
Old June 7th 11, 02:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On Jun 5, 8:20*pm, David J Richardson
wrote:
In article ,
*Zebee Johnstone wrote:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/opin...ture/pushy-pus....
-pushing-their-luck-20110603-1fl1p.html?from=smh_ft

Yes, he identified the REAL BAD ONES in the very last paragraph
too, although the ones I know of do not have beards but are
probably just as vicious

Don't have engineering degrees either

As a bearded engineer degree-holding cycle commuter I'm offended.

I did like the imagery of "arse-flab dribbling over the edge of the
seat into the little gap where the handbrake is" though.

--
David

Nope, sorry. An engineer called David? Impossible. All engineers are
called Tim. Especially bearded cycling ones. ;^)

Can we call you Tim instead?

Tony F