Very depressing ride today

Old March 7th 11, 03:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Geoff Lock[_2_]

Default Very depressing ride today

On 5/03/2011 4:28 PM, Chris Baird wrote:
The whole point about this newsgroup is to talk about cycling and
different people have different experiences.

It's another thing entirely when people treat Usenet as
their personal blog.

Three reasons why I post what I post

1/ It's cycling related
2/ It's cycling related

and lastly, and not least of all,

3/ It's cycling related.

You call it a personal blog, I call it a cycling related post

Don't fret too much about what I post, Chris. If you think it is crap,
you are perfectly entitled to tell me so. Internally, I might rant and
rave at your comments but reason soon takes over and I try not to hold
grudges - I don't want to get runned over by that B-double tonight
whilst still feeling bitter about those who have criticised my postings
on aus.cycling

If you choose to post something which would suggest the tone and tenor
of what you feel is of the "correct" form and protocol, do so and others
may follow your lead. Until then, this is Usenet as it should be - free
and unfettered (well, subject to ausadmin's dictates, of cos)
Old March 7th 11, 09:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_7_]

Geoff Lock wrote:
[...]

I don't find Geoff Lock's post too annoying.

His allusion to his impoverished existence and scrawniness, as well as his
fixation on female contours are suggestive of a troll, likewise his sycophantic
habit of responding to every poster who responds to him.

He can be a bit inconsistent with his reference to his main bike, which is
really old and full of problems, something like 40 years old, but at the same
time he has a Cannondale. No matter how old a Cannondale is, it would
be a fine bike.

Other than that, I agree that he is otherwise cycling related. Luckily I
can read quite fast and skim even faster, so the nub of his extended
essays pops out pretty quickly.

I also recognise that many of the posters who keep this newsgroup alive
are really motorcyclists who happen to ride a bike (or bent) from time to
time. Maybe their time on the motorised devices has made them a bit
opinionated and judgemental. Maybe they have developed higher insights
as a result of their diverse experiences. Without them, this group would
be very quiet, and less interesting.

Tom.

PS: I find his stories about the 2am rides an harrassment by the AFP a
little odd. I know someone who often does 2am rides and his experience
(with NSW police) is quite the opposite. However, he rides a nice white
Europa which looks like it's been looked after (and he isn't a lycra fashion
statement on wheels).

Old March 7th 11, 09:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tomasso[_7_]

apologies for anyone seeing double posts - I used a cancel to stop a typo,
but it may not have caught up to all news servers..

Geoff Lock wrote:
[...]

I don't find Geoff Lock's postings too annoying.

Depressing Reading Tom Crispin UK 24 October 15th 08 10:08 PM
Dang, this is depressing! richard Techniques 3 March 26th 07 04:37 AM
kinda depressing John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 3 March 7th 07 11:18 AM
depressing Sam O'Nella Mountain Biking 1 January 27th 05 06:20 AM
Cycling is depressing Simonb UK 11 April 26th 04 07:10 PM