At least its only cars!

Old January 10th 04, 10:18 AM
Tony Raven

Default At least its only cars!

At least its only cars we have to deal with:

US authorities have shot and killed a mountain lion after it attacked two
female cyclists in California.

Tony

Old January 10th 04, 01:54 PM
Peter B

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
At least its only cars we have to deal with:

US authorities have shot and killed a mountain lion after it attacked two
female cyclists in California.

Reminds me of a video clip I saw some years ago of a bear running across the
track in front of a fast moving mtb in BC, Canada during an event.

Pete

Old January 10th 04, 02:20 PM
Tony Raven

Peter B wrote:

Reminds me of a video clip I saw some years ago of a bear running across the
track in front of a fast moving mtb in BC, Canada during an event.

I've got photos of a bear sitting next to our trail in Whistler, BC. While we
took it we were also prepared to make a fast exit - fortunately gravity
assisted.

Tony

Old January 10th 04, 02:21 PM
James Annan

Peter B wrote:

Reminds me of a video clip I saw some years ago of a bear running across the
track in front of a fast moving mtb in BC, Canada during an event.

We had a close call with a grizzly in the Transrockies a couple of years
ago. Wasn't quick enough with the camera though...

James

Old January 10th 04, 02:32 PM
Pip

James Annan thought it would be good to say:

We had a close call with a grizzly in the Transrockies a couple of years
ago. Wasn't quick enough with the camera though...

You had a grizzly trying to film you?

Pip
Old January 11th 04, 01:20 AM
James Annan

Pip wrote in message ...
James Annan thought it would be good to say:

We had a close call with a grizzly in the Transrockies a couple of years
ago. Wasn't quick enough with the camera though...

You had a grizzly trying to film you?

I didn't stop to ask. Actually it seemed in a bit of a hurry...perhaps
it was desperate for a **** (isn't that what bears do in the woods).

James
Old January 11th 04, 02:47 AM
Simonb

James Annan wrote:

(isn't that what bears do in the woods).

No. That's the Pope.

Simon

Old January 11th 04, 08:17 PM
Ningi

Simonb wrote:

James Annan wrote:

(isn't that what bears do in the woods).

No. That's the Pope.

Simon

So bears must be catholic then

Pete
Old January 11th 04, 08:37 PM
Simonb

Ningi wrote:

So bears must be catholic then

Something like that.

Simon

Old January 12th 04, 01:55 PM
Dave Larrington

Tony Raven wrote:

I've got photos of a bear sitting next to our trail in Whistler, BC.
While we took it we were also prepared to make a fast exit -
fortunately gravity assisted.

Bloody menaces, those things. While in Yosemite national park in September,
I rounded a corner and almost rear-ended a stationary motorcar which had
anchored up sharpish to avoid running down a small bear (who, from its
expression, clearly did this sort of thing for fun). Fortunately it was a
very small bear and I was in a motorcar, so if it /had/ become mardy, I
would probably have won on points (though it was a convertible, so perhaps
not...)

Were I a cyclist in California, though, I'd be far more worried about cars
than cats.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/