HEART RATE

Old April 12th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default HEART RATE

raamman wrote:
going harder you use up the blood sugar in your system; like burning
gasoline- going slower over a longer period of time it is said burns more
fat cells even though the caloric expenditure may be numerically less

Deja Vu and misleading myths:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/8102d75b512fbce3/ac013808ed92a133?lnk=gst&q=fat+burning+zone+coggan #ac013808ed92a133

Old April 12th 08, 06:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default The roads we ride our bicycles on (was: HEART RATE)

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]I've noticed that a couple of
people that ride with us most of the time cannot stand getting off of
asphalt unless it's onto cement.

Huh? Asphalt IS a cement derived from crude oil.

Furthermore, there have never been any roads built comprised primarily
of either asphalt or Portland cement.

Since this thread is cross-posted to RBT, please try to be technically
correct.

Old April 12th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Tom Kunich wrote:
There is VERY little difference between riding slowly and riding very
hard over any specific length of road.

credo.digatti wrote:
You are american engineer yes?

American engineer, climatologist, astrophysicist, nuclear physicist,
general and koach.

Old April 12th 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default Lowracers

Werehatrack wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:36:06 -0500, Tom Sherman
may have said:

aka Joseph Santaniello wrote:
[...]
I see it as killing two birds with one stone. I like riding, and I
like being (sort of) fit. My bike interests go up and down in
different directions. Sometimes it's MTB for months, other times
fixed, then TT bike, and I even contemplate getting a low-racer
recumbent![...]

Forget about the lowracer. You will annoy everyone else on windy days
when they are struggling against the wind, while you are in the zone
where the wind is greatly slowed by viscous drag along the boundary with
the ground.

To equalize the results, add a 2M vertical mast with a decorative flag
of about 1 square meter area. If anyone looks askance, claim it's for
safety reasons. (It is poor sportsmanship to deploy a spinnaker when
running before a stiff tailwind, BTW.)

On a very windy spring day, I was on a group ride on a recumbent with a
front fairing [1]. When we turned to ride parallel to the wind, I was
able to "sail" along the flats at 17-18 mph without pedaling, much to
the annoyance of the upright cyclists.

[1] RANS Rocket with Muller Windwrap.

Old April 12th 08, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Default The roads we ride our bicycles on

Werehatrack wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 00:31:04 -0500, Tom Sherman
may have said:

Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]I've noticed that a couple of
people that ride with us most of the time cannot stand getting off of
asphalt unless it's onto cement.

Huh? Asphalt IS a cement derived from crude oil.

Furthermore, there have never been any roads built comprised primarily
of either asphalt or Portland cement.

Since this thread is cross-posted to RBT, please try to be technically
correct.

Ghods forbid that anyone would perchance be confused by the use of
common vernacular in rbt.

That was not really the point.

Old April 12th 08, 07:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Sherman[_2_]

credo.digatti wrote:
You are american engineer yes?

American engineer, climatologist, astrophysicist, nuclear physicist,
general and koach.

You forgot political scientist and economist.

Old April 12th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 12, 12:29*am, Donald Munro wrote:
raamman wrote:
going harder you use up the blood sugar in your system; like burning
gasoline- going slower over a longer period of time it is said burns more
fat cells even though the caloric expenditure may be numerically less

Deja Vu and misleading myths:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/browse_frm/thread/...

pulling a single post from 2000ad and citing it to prop up the
misleading myth title is very convincing to some, I guess...but is
meaningless when placed alongside the the body of contrary
documentation I have come across over many many years. you might try
experimenting with fasting a few days and breaking that with foods and
drinks of varying glycemic index values to gain a more comprehensive
and insightful knowledge of misleading myths than a single post and
citation could ever provide

HEART RATE datakoll Racing 104 April 16th 08 04:52 PM
How does a heart rate monitor pickup my heart beat and transmits? [email protected] UK 1 February 14th 06 05:02 PM
How does a heart rate monitor pickup the heart bear and transmit? [email protected] UK 1 February 14th 06 04:41 PM
Max heart rate again...? Preston Crawford General 31 December 30th 04 09:46 PM
Heart Rate Help Warren Wilson Australia 6 September 14th 04 12:35 PM