" Royal Mail swaps bikes for guns"

Old December 30th 04, 03:47 PM
Call me Bob

Default " Royal Mail swaps bikes for guns"

Piece at the BBC website on the charity Re-Cycle, who are running a
guns for bikes swap scheme in Liberia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4134443.stm

Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. I wonder if it would work in
Manchester and Nottingham?

--

Call me "Bob"

"More oneness, less categories,
Open hearts, no strategies"

Old December 30th 04, 03:53 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Call me Bob wrote:

Piece at the BBC website on the charity Re-Cycle, who are running a
guns for bikes swap scheme in Liberia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4134443.stm

Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. I wonder if it would work in
Manchester and Nottingham?

I think in Manchester the posties would be quite happy to swap their
Pashleys for an Uzi. Oh, hang, on...that's not what you meant, is it?
Old December 30th 04, 05:59 PM
JLB

Call me Bob wrote:
Piece at the BBC website on the charity Re-Cycle, who are running a
guns for bikes swap scheme in Liberia.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4134443.stm

Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. I wonder if it would work in
Manchester and Nottingham?

I'm not too happy about the Royal Mail arming its posties. Have they
really thought this through?

Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat
And his semi-auto Gat...

--
Joe * If I cannot be free I'll be cheap
Old January 4th 05, 11:18 AM
njf>badger

JLB wrote:

I'm not too happy about the Royal Mail arming its posties. Have they
really thought this through?

Well as some were carrying section 5 firearms, under the guise of issued
chemical animal repelants (pepper spray)....

Ghost Bikes Garrison Hilliard General 0 June 12th 04 06:31 PM
Mutant Road Bikes Dave Mayer General 29 March 12th 04 05:48 AM
£40,000 of Giant bikes stolen -Little Tricycle Pink Pink 10" David L Mountain Biking 0 November 5th 03 10:06 PM
so many bike types - which is which? tsp General 11 October 15th 03 10:02 PM
First road bike: braking? Alan Hoyle General 47 September 28th 03 11:40 PM