Bike traffic

Old September 29th 18, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Bike traffic

It says in my notes, which I'm transcribing to clean up my notebook
for tomorrow's ride, that on Saturday, the fifteenth of September of
2018, I arrived at the library to find my preferred parking spot
taken. Not only that, the entire rack was full and I and had to use
the other rack that forces you to put your front wheel in the flowers.
I probably wasn't the first to use that slot, since the rose moss
looked rather tattered.

I frequently park at businesses where there is only one place to park
a bike, and yet it was noteworthy that I couldn't park in my usual
spot.

One of the high points of my tour in Southern England sometime in the
eighties was a sign saying "don't park your bike on this gate".

I hear that in the intervening forty years, England has lost interest
in bikes. Pity that -- it's the only place I ever met anyone who knew
that he was ignorant of bicycles.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

---
https://www.avg.com

Old October 1st 18, 06:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Friday, September 28, 2018 at 11:10:19 PM UTC-4, Joy Beeson wrote:
[...]

Hereabouts, there are few provisions for bicycle parking, I usually lock my ride to traffic signs. In the few places where they have made provision, it is usually a ring-on-post that puts the bicycle in other people's way.
https://goo.gl/images/oUKKp7
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Bike Lanes Speed Up Traffic... John Smith[_7_] UK 4 November 30th 15 04:04 PM
You'd never buy a bike and ride it in traffic ComandanteBanana General 21 April 22nd 09 05:23 PM
Is it illegal to bike against traffic on a sidewalk? Xtowers General 37 October 10th 06 07:15 PM
Bike Traffic Calming Jim Racing 0 November 20th 05 03:33 AM
Bike shoes,cleats and traffic - advise please??? One Step Beyond UK 11 September 21st 03 03:56 PM