TORKER DX-reliable?

Old March 4th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
xsunnyd591x

Default TORKER DX-reliable?

my unicycle is goin to break any day now....

and i was thinkin about getting the torker DX...

is this a good cycle to get?

ive heard its a little heavy, and im not even that good at jumpin on
the light uni i have now

it looks strong, which is good. im getting into street riding

are the cranks a good size for a street rider?

--
xsunnyd591x
xsunnyd591x's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14470

Old March 4th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
2pac

Yes and yes.

Just get it.

--
2pac
2pac's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14235

Old March 4th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Spudman

There used to be an issue with the frames breaking, but that has been
resolved. Everything on it is really beefy, you would have a lot of
trouble breaking it. I don't think the weight is a very big issue, I
don't notice much of a difference when I go from my DX to a KH. And
the cranks are the -perfect- length for street riding. This unicycle
is well worth the money.

--
Spudman

*bored? click a dot, explore the web!*
*'_•_' (www.cathodecorner.com) '_•_' (http://selectric.org/) • • •
'_•_' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/main_page) • '_•_'
(http://thomas.brown.c.googlepages.com/home) • • '_•_'
(http://www.unicyclepics.co.uk/) • • '_•_' (www.gabbly.com) • • '_•_'
(http://www.pandora.com/) • • • '_•_' (http://www.theorylessons.com/) •
• • • '_•_' (http://www.barefoothippie.com/) '_•_'
(http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com/) '_•_' (http://www.qu-ax.com/)
• • '_•_' (http://www.purepwnage.com/) • '_•_'
(http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.musicovery.com/) • • '_•_'
(http://selectric.org/team1726/index.html) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.longnow.org/projects/clock/prototype1/) • • '_•_'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v_i9fndbts) • • '_•_'
(http://www.usfirst.org/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.superhandz.com/sportz/penspinning.html) • •
• • • • '_•_' (http://www.unicyclist.com/?page=donate) • • '_•_'
(http://www.speedcubing.com/ton/building.htm) • • '_•_'
(http://www.unicycle.tv/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/portal.php) '_•_'
(http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.ericharshbarger.org/lego/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.myspace.com/jerrick_crites) • • '_•_'
(http://www.gocomics.com/comics/index.phtml) •
'_•_' (http://www.xanga.com/monkeyman305ab) '_•_'
(http://www.cowabduction.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/vbgooglemap.php) • • '_•_'
(http://www.jonnypeacock.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.kamp.arizona.edu/) • '_•_'
(http://www.southparkstudios.com/) • • • '_•_'
(http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/40255643/) • • '_•_'
(http://www.power-chord.com/gaff/mapper/) • • '_•_'
(http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/) • • '_•_' (www.google.com)*
Spudman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10752

Old March 4th 07, 06:34 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
xsunnyd591x

well, the one on ebay is a 2006.

does that mean it still has an issue with the frame?
or was that a while ago...

Old March 4th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
timbob1907

if you get the 06 dx the frame will break. no matter what you do or
dont do it will break sooner or later.

--
timbob1907

forrestunifreak wrote:
I'm addicted to placebo's. I should stop taking them, but it wouldn't
matter anyway.

fluxusmaximus wrote:
It looks like some deranged mad-man going berserk with a heavy metal
object.

(\_/)
O 0
()This is bunny. Copy bunny into your signature, help him on his way
to world domination.
'CarbonFibreSeat!'
timbob1907's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13425

Old March 4th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CKCrowe

its only 25 bucks to replace it with a nimbus frame so i wouldnt be
worried, ive taken mine off huge jumps, and it is fine, i just need to
make it lower to try crankflips on it. Great uni.

Heavy though. You get used to it.
You jump just as high as other though(i think).

--
CKCrowe

180 flips 1-5 hours a day of unicycling!
DX user.
CKCrowe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13945

Old March 4th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Ιmile Mathieu-B.

Well, it depends of your budget, if you really really want a Torker DX,
go for it, but I have have a lot of money to put in, I recommend KH

--
Ιmile Mathieu-B.
Ιmile Mathieu-B.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14466

Old March 4th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

get it, even if you break the frame, it is warranteed for life, so
nothing to worry about.

just-so-you know, i have broken EVERYTHING (cept the cranks) on it. I
even messed up the hub, which only myself and cody have ever done as
far as I know.

but seriously, i treat my uni like crap, and i ride the thing all the
time, and I do big stuff (i.e. 11 sets and drops up to 10') the seat,
seatpost, and crankset are about as strong as anything stock gets. the
06 frame is breakable, but I would say 1/20-30 have broken ... that
said, i could break any of them, but my 07 frame is unbroken (so far,
it may be breaking now, but im not sure.)

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"elvisunifreak\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old March 4th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
xsunnyd591x

and where can i get an 07 with a warantee?

the only one i can find is the 06 on ebay. and i dont think it includes
a warantee

Old March 5th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

xsunnyd591x wrote:
and where can i get an 07 with a warantee?

the only one i can find is the 06 on ebay. and i dont think it includes
a warantee

WARRANTY
uhm
search google, do some research, you should find one for about $250
somewhere