Why cycling can make you a happier person

Old August 17th 15, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Why cycling can make you a happier person

"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they’re very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/
Old August 17th 15, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 17/08/2015 10:11, Bod wrote:

"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they’re very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/

Are you familiar with Denmark's policy on sales taxes on motor vehicles?

As Danes say: "Buy one car but pay for three".

Would YOU be "happy" being ripped off like that?
Old August 17th 15, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/

Looks great - just like the last time I was there.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...cycling-safety

Old August 17th 15, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 17/08/2015 13:57, JNugent wrote:
On 17/08/2015 10:11, Bod wrote:

"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they’re very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/

Are you familiar with Denmark's policy on sales taxes on motor vehicles?

As Danes say: "Buy one car but pay for three".

Would YOU be "happy" being ripped off like that?

But a third of them ride cycles and they are all happy people.
Moral of the story....ditch the car and ride a bike and cheer yourself up.
Old August 17th 15, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 17/08/2015 14:03, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/

Looks great - just like the last time I was there.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...cycling-safety

It does.
Also, gardening is more dangerous than cycling, best to wear protective
clothes and a gardening helmet and have a first aid kit close at hand.
Old August 17th 15, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/

Looks great - just like the last time I was there.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...cycling-safety

And from the same page, just a little lower down:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...other-cyclists

Old August 17th 15, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 17 August 2015 14:23:38 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
On 17/08/2015 14:03, Alycidon wrote:
On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...article543541/

Looks great - just like the last time I was there.

http://www.theguardian.com/environme...cycling-safety

It does.
Also, gardening is more dangerous than cycling, best to wear protective
clothes and a gardening helmet and have a first aid kit close at hand.

Too true - I once stepped out of my sauna, trod on a rake which after puncturing my foot needed a course of antibiotics to get rid of the infection.

Should have had safety boots on.

Old August 17th 15, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 17/08/2015 18:21, Tarcap wrote:

"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

They only cycle because motoring has been taxed by politicians to the
point where people can't afford to drive. Not because they want to cycle.

Old August 17th 15, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

I was 100% happy with my commute - it was the best part of the day and even when the weather was bad, I looked forward to the ride home. Free exercise, no traffic jams and I could eat what I wanted.

Oh and I saved £15000 in fuel costs alone.

Old August 17th 15, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

"Alycidon" wrote in message

On Monday, 17 August 2015 10:11:36 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
"Denmark routinely tops the list of the happiest countries in the world.
In Copenhagen, one in three people cycles to work or school".

"In this country, a survey of more than 6,000 people found that 66 per
cent of those who walk or bike to work say they're very happy with their
commute. That compares to only 25 per cent of public transit users and
32 per cent of drivers, according the Statistics Canada report".

They only cycle because motoring has been taxed by politicians to the
point where people can't afford to drive. Not because they want to cycle.

You'll be able provide a cite for that then?