Correcting a cross-threaded bottom bracket?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 12th 15, 10:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Correcting a cross-threaded bottom bracket?

I was finally able to get the bottom bracket off of a friend's steel frame English threads bottom bracket bike. Whew what a job! The fixed cup cup was cross-threaded. He wants to put in a standard square-taper spindle cartridge bottom bracket. The problem is since the fixed cup was cross-threaded I can't get the new cartridge to thread in properly. Does a decent bicycle shop have a way to correct the cross-threaded threads in the bottom bracket shell? If so what's a ballpark price for doing it?

Thanks and cheers