Towing carbon-frame bicycles?

Old August 21st 17, 10:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Towing carbon-frame bicycles?

On 2017-08-21 09:35, Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

The rope has to be let-go-able.

Ideally, yes, but I never had any quick-release on mine. Once it gets
screwed up and tangled in a wheel it's almost too late anyhow.

The rope HAS to be let-go-able

So far I have successfully completed all my tows by tying knots to my
bicycle and to the trailing bicycle. Some over lots of miles.

Others should be stupid as were you, to falsely validate your mistake?

"I've smoked em all my life and I aint dead yet!"
-song, "Another Cigarette"
Old August 21st 17, 10:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-08-21 09:35, Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

The rope has to be let-go-able.

Ideally, yes, but I never had any quick-release on mine. Once it gets
screwed up and tangled in a wheel it's almost too late anyhow.

The rope HAS to be let-go-able

So far I have successfully completed all my tows by tying knots to my
bicycle and to the trailing bicycle. Some over lots of miles.

Others should be stupid as were you, to falsely validate your mistake?

"I've smoked em all my life and I aint dead yet!"
-song, "Another Cigarette"

Nonsense. If one does such towing carefully it is safe. Motorcyclists do
it that way as well.

What would be stupid is holding the rope in a hand to make it
"let-go-able". That can easily result in a crash.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Towing bicycles Tom Crispin UK 19 December 11th 06 07:15 PM
FS: NEW 2006 Raleigh full carbon Team frame w/NEW Ritchey carbon fork [email protected] Marketplace 1 November 27th 06 01:09 AM
FA: 2003 GIANT TCR 0 CARBON FRAME, CARBON FORK, CARBON CAGES AND COMPUTER Phil, Squid-in-Training Marketplace 0 January 21st 05 04:07 PM
Orbea Lobular Carbon frame/Zeus FCM carbon fork/integrated headset Jonathan Page Marketplace 0 August 8th 04 08:49 PM
Steel Frame vs Aluminum Frame w/ Carbon seat stays and carbon fork ydm9 General 6 April 12th 04 09:42 PM