Is this NG not moderated anymore?

Old May 6th 04, 11:39 AM
Per Elmsäter

Default Is this NG not moderated anymore?

--
Perre

Old May 6th 04, 07:56 PM
S o r n i

Per Elmsäter wrote: (nm)

I wrote a reply to one of the Spam posts yesterday, asking that same
question (see Subject); never got posted.

Bill "someone oughtta shoot this poor dying horse" S.

Old May 10th 04, 05:49 PM
Per Elmsäter

S o r n i wrote:
Per Elmsäter wrote: (nm)

I wrote a reply to one of the Spam posts yesterday, asking that same
question (see Subject); never got posted.

Bill "someone oughtta shoot this poor dying horse" S.

That's really weird. I tried the same thing and after several days now my
reply hasn't shown up????

--
Perre

Old May 11th 04, 01:09 AM
S o r n i

Per Elmsäter wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
Per Elmsäter wrote: (nm)

I wrote a reply to one of the Spam posts yesterday, asking that same
question (see Subject); never got posted.

Bill "someone oughtta shoot this poor dying horse" S.

That's really weird. I tried the same thing and after several days
now my reply hasn't shown up????

That's your Moderation Dollars hard at work

Bill "Euros?" S.

Old May 11th 04, 02:32 PM
Per Elmsäter

S o r n i wrote:
Per Elmsäter wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
Per Elmsäter wrote: (nm)

I wrote a reply to one of the Spam posts yesterday, asking that same
question (see Subject); never got posted.

Bill "someone oughtta shoot this poor dying horse" S.

That's really weird. I tried the same thing and after several days
now my reply hasn't shown up????

That's your Moderation Dollars hard at work

Bill "Euros?" S.

I have a theory. Let's see what you all think.
Imagine that the spammers have hacked the newsserver hierarchy in such a way
that this post never gets sent to the newsserver where the moderatior sits.
This way he never sees it. However the post gets sent to the newsservers
directly underneath the moderator server and they replicate the post to all
other Newsservers. When I reply to one of these spammed posts it gets sent
to the moderator Newsserver since my ISP honors the traffic rules of usenet.
Since my reply does not have an originator post to reply to, according to
the moderator newsserver, it never gets posted.

It is fairly easy to do this I believe by starting up your own newsserver
and setting up the replications yourself. If you on this newsserver don't
treat an NG as moderated but just post to it instead of to the moderator as
you should, then this might happen.

--
Perre

Old May 11th 04, 05:29 PM
S o r n i

Per Elmsäter wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
Per Elmsäter wrote:
S o r n i wrote:
[...]

You think too much

Bill "RBOR on life support and the plug is wiggly" S.

Old May 11th 04, 10:10 PM
Per Elmsäter

S o r n i wrote:
You think too much

Bill "RBOR on life support and the plug is wiggly" S.

That's what I thought!

--
Perre