Do you feel intimidated by Traffic? Ole!

Old August 15th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

Default it's the excitement of getting gored

""In Toronto, bicycles with a wheel size of 24 inches or less are
allowed to ride on the sidewalk.""

"While that is a convenience, it would be hard to go any appreciable
distance at any appreciable speed on the sidewalk. Also, apart from the
dangers to pedestrians, there is the risk of a car turning and striking
the cyclist crossing in the cross-walk. Car drivers seem not to expect
to find cyclists where pedestrians are suposed to be.
Also, it occurs to me that whoever made that rule was assuming the
smaller-wheeled bikes would be ridden by children, at low speeds and
probably under supervision. I'm clipping along on my 20"-wheeld cycle
at 15 to 20 MPH. That don't work on the sidewalk!"

Me too! I like to ride out there with the bullies. It's fast and it's
the excitement of getting gored anytime. Ole!

Old August 16th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.autos.driving,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
donquijote1954

""Me too! I like to ride out there with the bullies. It's fast and it's
the excitement of getting gored anytime. Ole!""

"Quit tilting at windmills and take off that red cape! ("No capes!"-
Edna Mode)
You still riding that Speed SP ("Sancho Panza")?"

No, now DonQuixote is riding a hybrid and a Trek F400. The latter seems
particularly fitting to fight the bullies. It's most agile and easy to
run with.

The red cape I only use when I want to **** the stupid beast.
Otherwise, I use my banana shirts. They say, "You Can Eat My Banana."
Hope the bull eats banana.