Mike Vandeman

Old November 14th 03, 05:28 PM
Chris Glidden

Default MV rational (was Mike Vandeman)

"Richard Adams" wrote in message
Q. wrote:
"Richard Adams" wrote in message

Q. wrote:

Not running into people and their pets?

No there's something I have a problem with.

I was thinking more in the broader scale of things ...

One of the rules I follow when walking, running, bicycling or driving is
simply don't hit what's in front of you ... just don't do it. If you

don't
hit what's in front of you, you never have much of a problem.

Sounds simple, but I know one girl who never quite got the hang of it

(c:

C.Q.C.

In the middle of a group ride, last Sunday, two dogs (one I'm pretty
sure was golden retriever, the other about same size but darker) came
charging down into the road at out grupetto. I was toward the back and
the lighter dog was in the lead, going for the rider in front of me. A
quick swerve between the dogs and an equally quick crank of the pedals
disrupted their charge and we were away unscathed. Too bad one didn't
bite me, I could use a million bucks right about now.

A golden retriever would never bite you, he probably just wanted to get a
good lick in so you knew how much he loved you.

cg

Old November 14th 03, 05:35 PM
Chris Glidden

Default Mike Vandeman

"Mike Vandeman" wrote

BS. You have not refuted me EVER. I am still waiting.

It's somewhat difficult to REFUTE, ARGUE or DISCUSS something with someone
that sticks his fingers in his ears and goes "LALALALALALA, I can't hear
you".

Old November 14th 03, 06:44 PM
miles todd

Chris Glidden wrote:

A golden retriever would never bite you, he probably just wanted to get a
good lick in so you knew how much he loved you.

cg

That's the stereotype, all right. Sadly, it seems to be no longer so
true. Evidently it has ben written in the veterinarian publications
that attacks by Goldens are sharply on the rise, and at the rate of
increase will soon be more common than bites from some other, more
famously aggressive dogs.
Evidently it has to do with breeding for conformation (looks) and
ignoring temperament. It would be a shame for Golden Retrievers to go
the way of Rottweilers...

Miles

Old November 14th 03, 06:53 PM
Chris Glidden

"miles todd" had an epiphany:

Chris Glidden wrote:

A golden retriever would never bite you, he probably just wanted to get

good lick in so you knew how much he loved you.

cg

That's the stereotype, all right. Sadly, it seems to be no longer so
true. Evidently it has ben written in the veterinarian publications
that attacks by Goldens are sharply on the rise, and at the rate of
increase will soon be more common than bites from some other, more
famously aggressive dogs.
Evidently it has to do with breeding for conformation (looks) and
ignoring temperament. It would be a shame for Golden Retrievers to go
the way of Rottweilers...

Miles

Indeed, irresponsable breeding is certainly to blame for alot of health
issues including temperment. Just look at MV (sorry, couldn't help myself).

Old November 17th 03, 05:59 PM
Chris Glidden

"Mike Vandeman" wrote .
.Perhaps there have been in the past 6 years?

Nope. NONE.

Liar:

http://www.sustainableenterprises.com/SAMBA/enviro.htm

Old November 18th 03, 03:16 AM
Stephen Baker

Jym Dyer writes:

Captain Dondo writes:

snip

If you're
*the* Captain Dondo,

If he's the one from Texas - he isn't the "real" Capt. Dondo. The real thing
ain't in Texas.

Steve

Old November 18th 03, 01:16 PM
Stephen Baker

"captain" Dondo writes:

Well, I am *the* Captain Dondo as I think I was he before anyone else...

Unless you were Capt Dondo before '83-'84, then you ain't it. "The" Capt.
Dondo wrote for a few mags, hence the connections to publishing houses....

Steve