Fit question on the grey pulse gloves

Old November 8th 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
legtod2

Default Fit question on the grey pulse gloves

Sorry to thread jack but I'm looking for gloves

I commute every day to work on my uni.

This morning was -5, my hands normally start out cold but warm up once
I get a couple of km's into my commute.

How are these gloves for summer and winter.
Can they stand up to washing if they get smelly ?

Thanks

--
legtod2
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ivan

Sorry for another threadjack, but I just wanted to let Kris know that I
use the red gloves for B-boying and they work great.

Thank you, Kris!

--
ivan

Sledgehammer for Jebusentropy isn't what it used
to be.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
-Homer Simpson-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagr6Ydjzdw
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

hey kris, i was going to drop you an email about this, but i thought you
would see this.

i have a problem with my rim(2007 trials)... the spacing of the holes
is obviously off. some holes are much closer to the spoke holes than
others, and on the inside of the rim(i took the tape off for the first
time a few days ago, i've had my uni since may?) it is even more
obvious, every other one is extremely close to the screwdriver hole(?),
and all of the areas where there is less clearance have broken(the
aluminum, i don't know how to explain it).

one more thing on the rim... the holes that you access the spoke from
the outside of the rim... the holes are messed up from the factory,
they were obviously messed up in production, like they were using a
dull bit and it ripped a small chunk of metal up during drilling.

i'm going to get ripped on that of course my rim is messed up...

glad to hear you are working on the seatpost issue
are you doing anything about the seats?
they definitely need some strength improvement.

i definitely don't have any complaints on the hub or frame, but my
pedal inserts did come loose once.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'YOUneedtoTUBE MYTUBE' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 08:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
pkittle

skilewis74 wrote:
I have a similar problem w/ my 661 4X4's. In size med. they are still
way too big in the calf, but way too short. By height I think I would
need an extra large.

Kris, how is the fitting like on the leg armor in comparison to the
4X4's (including hight of the pads)? Also how is the knee padding, IMO
it's not enough in the 661's?

I ordered either the L or XL size leg armor (can't remember for sure,
but think the XL), and and like it a lot--but I ordered it for length
(I'm 6'2" w/long legs), and the elastic, velcro tabs barely fit
(because they're too long). With absolutely no stretch at all, they
hardly have enough overlap to hold. At the moment, it's not a big
deal--they're tight enough to stay in place--but if those straps
stretch like my 4x4s' did, then at some point I'll need to do something
to shorten them up. My 4x4s didn't have this issue at all, so I think
that the KH's are actually a little harder to fit if you have a long
but skinny leg. Even so, they're so much easier/faster to put on and
take off that I think they were a very worthy purchase.

I guess that part of the issue in deciding what to order is the fact
that the numbers at UDC in the size description don't identify what
they're measuring--is it circumference of your leg at the knee and
ankle? Or length of your shin from ankle to top of knee? Or ???

--
pkittle

*==========================
Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
"The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
--Billy Bragg
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 8th 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

Hey,

For a comparison of sizing between the 661 4x4's and Percussion armor,
check this link:
http://www.krisholm.com/english/products/sizing.htm

The gloves fit similarly to most downhill mtb gloves, so if you go to
your LBS and try out a pair, that should be good for checking fit.

Skrobo you can email me about that stuff if you want.

Kris

--
danger_uni
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 9th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UniDudeDX

hey kris? is there going to be an 08 model 20"....just wondering cause
ill be wanting one of your unis soo. but i want to wait for the
newest...

--
UniDudeDX

Jerrick wrote:
I think we should get off the topic off kinky/horny girls and unicycles,
and back to creepy horny men.

thejdw wrote:
Cocain has very good commpression propities, great for side hops and
large drops.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 9th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

pkittle wrote:
I guess that part of the issue in deciding what to order is the fact
that the numbers at UDC in the size description don't identify what
they're measuring--is it circumference of your leg at the knee and
ankle? Or length of your shin from ankle to top of knee? Or ???

I'm pretty sure it's the mid-range leg diameter.

Thanks Kris, but...

skilewis74 wrote:
Also how is the knee padding (IMO it's not enough in the 661's)?

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Parafrasing a pro skater when asked for advise to kids who wanted to
get much better and maybee turn pro one day.
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 9th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

UniDudeDX wrote:
hey kris? is there going to be an 08 model 20"....just wondering cause
ill be wanting one of your unis soo. but i want to wait for the
newest...

Although sometimes it's called the "07" or "08" model, basically I
release new product when it's ready. So the only real answer to this
question is that yes as always there will be improvments coming out
each year but it's hard to say when.

--
danger_uni
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 9th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
juggle508

Just go ahead and buy one right now. The "improvements" won't be worth
the wait. Its a solid uni and won't be hurt much unless you go to the
extremes

KH.

--
juggle508

tugboat wrote:
What I like to do is stuff that others CAN do, but don't have the
*guts* to do.
Deadly.
Kevin McMullin

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 9th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
danger_uni

skilewis74 wrote:
Kris, how is the fitting like on the leg armor in comparison to the
4X4's (including hight of the pads)? Also how is the knee padding, IMO
it's not enough in the 661's?

The amount of padding in the knees of the KH pads are a compromise in
the knees between padding and comfort/flexibility/low bulk. Everyone
has their own opinion on what's the best compromise; the amount in
these pads is basically my view and personal preference for
unicycling.

The KH pads have slightly thicker, better quality foam than the 661's
and extend higher above the knee. They also have a piece of
reinforcement that overlaps the seam just below the knee. This piece
helps reduce knee sag and also helps prevent the sharp edges of the
plastic from cutting through the surface fabric. The straps are
configured to try to stop the pads from flaring outwards on the inside
of the knee when you bend your leg, to keep the pads away from the tire
or fork crown.

I kept plastic in the knee for a strip over the kneecap, but took it
out for the part that extends above the kneecap because it makes it
more comfortable and that part of the pad doesn't usually hit the
ground.

The other big difference with the Percussion pads is the abrasion patch
on the inside of the shin/calf. This seems to make them last quite a
bit longer than 661's because for many people it's the first part of
the pads to wear out.

Kris

--
danger_uni