Headphones while riding?

Old June 22nd 04, 02:00 PM
mmamster

Default Headphones while riding?

Spider1977 wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. Why should cyclists be denied the pleasure of
listening to the local radio while travelling? And it does deaden those
sudden noises which often scare the hell out of you.

Me too. I use an ipod with some sony headphones. Found the apple earbuds
a distraction because they fall out frequently. Also find I can hear
traffic easily enough with them on. I take one ear out when riding in
packs though, to be sociable as much as anything. I have also never seen
any traffic rule prohibiting them and totally agree that there is no
difference between this situation and a car with its stereo up loud
(except a car occupant is less likely to be killed in an accident with a
bike....)!!

Old June 23rd 04, 04:45 AM
Lotte

Personally, I always wear headphones when I ride and I turn it up as
loud as I possibly can. So much, in fact, that riders passing me can
probably hear it with ease.

The reason I do it is that I'm a bit of a deafie and can't hear trucks,
let alone cars, until they're right next to me and they give me an
almighty fright. The sound of cars actually freaks me out more than the
cars themselves.

I agree with many - that if I'm going to be mowed down from behind, then
I'm sure I'd be mowed down regardless of whether or not I'm listening to
music. And besides, if I'm going to die, I might as well die doing
something I love, and listening to good music.

That's my 2c worth.

Old June 24th 04, 11:45 PM
Lotte

Originally posted by Mark Lee In article
, usenet-
says...

I ride with my head in a bucket of sand. No law against it.

Well aren't you a clever cookie?

Old June 25th 04, 03:23 AM
flyingdutch

Lotte [/i]
[b][quote][i]Originally posted by Mark Lee wrote:
In article , usenet-
says...
I ride with my head in a bucket of sand. No law against it.

Well aren't you a clever cookie?

Hey, at least he didnt get engaged to David Copperfield for money to
raise his public image LOL