Want to buy a multi wheeled unicycle but where?

Old February 11th 04, 07:17 PM
jonnywebbhead

Default Want to buy a multi wheeled unicycle but where?

I am an elementary PE teacher looking for anyone who can tell me where
to buy a multi wheeled girafe. I would like one with 3 wheels. Does
anyone have one for sale? Please Help!

--
jonnywebbhead
jonnywebbhead's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5527

Old February 11th 04, 07:35 PM
Eublapharis13

One word.....Unicycle.com
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=54

--
Eublapharis13 - Hopefully I won't do this now!

Age doesn't matter...........unless you're a cheese.
Eublapharis13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4065

Old February 11th 04, 07:57 PM
john_childs

Eublapharis13 wrote:
*One word.....Unicycle.com
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=54 *

That 3 wheel stack will not hold up to the abuse of an elementary school
PE program. It's not strong enough. The wheels don't stay in
alignment. There is difficulty in getting the correct friction between
the mating wheels. In short, it's a very problematic design. Not
appropriate for anything beyond casual use. I would not suggest that
one for a PE program or for a unicycle club.

The multi-wheel stacks that hold up are custom made and built like a
tank.

There is a PE program at the North Bend Elementary School in North Bend
Washington that has a large unicycle program (The Panther Pride Demo
Team). They have several multi-wheel stacks. You can contact them to
find out where they got their stacks made.

There are also people in the forum here who have built multi-wheel
stacks.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old February 11th 04, 10:11 PM
andrew_carter

There are also people in the forum here who have built multi-wheel
stacks.

I'm currently gathering parts for a two-wheeler with two 12" wheels.
Luckily, with such small wheels and only two of them I don't have to
worry as much about alignment going wrong and things braking. I'm just
getting a framebuilder to cut down a 20" frame a little bit and add some
fork leg extensions to the bottom.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au - Open now!
* A friend of mine found us Magura HS-11's for about $80 AUD each second
hand...I'm getting a brake for my muni! *

Old February 11th 04, 10:46 PM
gingerfreek

i'm gonna be making one for my club quite soon hopefully. a
three-wheeler (16") so it's not too tall but still really interesting
and impressive for performances.

i've based my designs on the DM multi-wheelers, which are VERY strong. i
don't have any pictures of them(you might be able to find one on the
net) but they seem to be a really good design.

the DMs won't come cheap though, i'm not sure about the cost but i'm
sure one would stand up to the rigours of your PE class.

iain

--
gingerfreek - unicyclist of mass destruction.

I use my wheel as a weapon!
gingerfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3507

Old February 12th 04, 12:48 AM
mgrant

I build frame extenders that attached to a Schwinn unicycle.

'See pic here' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv20/aaa)

That was very heavy and not very precise but it worked well for the
short time I had it. I have 5 sets of the frame extenders that you can
have if you can arrange to pick them up or pay the shipping. They're
not really worth much though and they will only work for a unicycle that
has a flat blade fork (Schwinn).

I then contacted Steve Howard who made the most amazing frame I've ever
seen! (it's the red one on the right if you couldn't tell)

'See pic here' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuv18/P0001841)

It's difficult to see the detail but it's great. I've not yet spent a
great deal of time on it to gauge the durability but it feels very solid
and I don't expect any trouble.

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440

surfing on a unicycle, tips and tricks... paulie pavlic Unicycling 10 November 15th 03 10:38 PM
NZ Unicycle Weekend GizmoDuck Unicycling 6 November 3rd 03 07:37 AM
New Unicycle types! XWonka Unicycling 16 October 15th 03 08:54 PM
My first unicycle showard Unicycling 1 October 3rd 03 06:20 AM