Karrimor EH20 Waterproof Panniers - Global

Old January 14th 04, 01:40 PM
Sarennah

Default Karrimor EH20 Waterproof Panniers - Global

[delurk]
Hello! Having been a long term lurker, I have been alternately amused
and informed by reading posts. Now I have a question worthy of the
attention of such knowledgable cyclists as yourselves.

Karrimor EH20 Waterproof Panniers - Global. Purchased recently from
wiggle [1] because reduced in price and am fed up with my panniers not
being one-drop-of-water-proof, nevermind showerproof.... Said
panniers appear to be too LONG in the backplate to attach to my rack
(standard Topeak).

To be more precise the distance between where I can attach the disloc
to the legs of the rack and the rail is such that the panniers will
attach if the disloc is at the top of the slot in the kickplate,
leaving no further vertical space for the removal of the pannier. And
yes, I really like the idea of carrying my panniers actually in to my
lab, without the bike attached!

Do I need a new rack? Which one? Is this why the panniers were
reduced?

Sarennah

[1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a
big issue. When I have the money, I will wiggle no more.
Old January 14th 04, 02:56 PM
Arthur Clune

Sarennah wrote:

: [1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a
: big issue. When I have the money, I will wiggle no more.

But you've just discovered why buying from your LBS might have been
cheaper!

Yes, some panniers don't work with some racks. It all depends. Without
seeing both it's very hard to say anything more useful.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old January 14th 04, 03:15 PM
Michael MacClancy

On 14 Jan 2004 05:40:10 -0800, Sarennah wrote:

[1] Yes I would support the LBS but I am a student and so cost is a
big issue. When I have the money, I will wiggle no more.

Although Wiggle can be cheaper than the LBS this isn't always the case.
The main reasons I buy from Wiggle or any other online retailer are the
greater range of choice and higher availability.
--
Michael MacClancy
Random pleonasm - “Trapped, like a trap in a trap.” - Dorothy Parker
Old January 15th 04, 04:40 PM
Calum

Sarennah,

I have a pair of these EH20s that I got from a bike shop. There was no
mention of any fit problems when I bought them but I have found that there
is only one combination of the attachments that just fits on my rack
(supplied with the Dawes bike). Like you, I found the most difficult thing
was finding an appropriate position for the discloc.
The panniers are good in use so I would go to a shop to check out some of
the racks available, remembering the heel clearance for positioning on the
bike.

Calum.