Goody good yum yum

Old June 11th 04, 07:14 AM
Zebee Johnstone

Default Goody good yum yum

Heard an interview with Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graeme Garden and Bill Oddie
- yes The Goodies!

Apparently the first incarnation of the "trandem" bike was a fixie!
With no brakes... Later on they got a freewheel and a front brake, but
for the first couple of seasons they were using up a lot of bandaids...

Another project for hippie? A 3-person fixie to really sort out the men
from the boys?

Zebee

--
Zebee Johnstone ), proud holder of
aus.motorcycles Poser Permit #1.
Old June 11th 04, 08:15 AM
flyingdutch

Another project for hippie? A 3-person fixie to really sort out th
men from the boys

count me i

-

Old June 11th 04, 09:10 AM
DaveB

flyingdutch wrote:
Another project for hippie? A 3-person fixie to really sort out the
men from the boys?

count me in

My 4yo daughter has become a Goodies fan since they were released on
DVD, and decided the other night we should get a family trandem. She
also refers to the trailer cycle as just like the Goodies bike.

DaveB

Old June 11th 04, 09:35 AM
Zebee Johnstone

In aus.bicycle on Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:10:11 +1000
DaveB wrote:
flyingdutch wrote:
Another project for hippie? A 3-person fixie to really sort out the
men from the boys?

count me in

My 4yo daughter has become a Goodies fan since they were released on
DVD, and decided the other night we should get a family trandem. She
also refers to the trailer cycle as just like the Goodies bike.

The first one was not only an unbraked fixie.... it was a tandem with a
3rd seat as luggage.

Apparently the handling with the weight of Bill Oddie on the back on a
glorified luggage rack was interesting.

Hven't been able to find any pics of it, only of the later model, but
there has to be one somewhere.

Zebee
Old June 15th 04, 11:02 AM
Rob Woozle

Check out this book:

"Three Men on a bike" by Rory Spowers.

These guys found the Goodies trandem....and rode it through Africa....a great
read!!

Rob
Rob Woozle
http://www.geocities.com/robwoozle
"Hello, is there anybody.....out there?"
Old June 15th 04, 11:19 AM
DaveB

The first one was not only an unbraked fixie.... it was a tandem with a
3rd seat as luggage.

Apparently the handling with the weight of Bill Oddie on the back on a
glorified luggage rack was interesting.

Hven't been able to find any pics of it, only of the later model, but
there has to be one somewhere.

Zebee

Well it took a bit of work and the pictures are a bit rough, but here's
what the trandem looked like. Not hard to see why the first one was a
bit unstable when you see where Bill sat.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~dbue...s/trandemA.gif

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~dbue...s/trandemB.gif
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~dbue...s/trandemC.gif

DaveB

Old June 15th 04, 11:27 AM
Marty Wallace

"DaveB" wrote in message

The first one was not only an unbraked fixie.... it was a tandem with a
3rd seat as luggage.

Apparently the handling with the weight of Bill Oddie on the back on a
glorified luggage rack was interesting.

Hven't been able to find any pics of it, only of the later model, but
there has to be one somewhere.

Zebee

Well it took a bit of work and the pictures are a bit rough, but here's
what the trandem looked like. Not hard to see why the first one was a
bit unstable when you see where Bill sat.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~dbue...s/trandemA.gif

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~dbue...s/trandemB.gif
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~dbue...s/trandemC.gif

DaveB

Just looking at those pictures makes me giggle. Anyone know if The Goodies
are on DVD?

Marty

Old June 15th 04, 11:50 AM
DaveB

Just looking at those pictures makes me giggle. Anyone know if The
Goodies are on DVD?

Marty

Yep, that's where I got the pictures. It's a 2 DVD set with 8 episodes
includign the ecky thump episode (my favourite). Should be able to get
it at most DVD shops.

DaveB

Old June 15th 04, 01:11 PM
Alan Erskine

"DaveB" wrote in message

Just looking at those pictures makes me giggle. Anyone know if The
Goodies are on DVD?

Marty

Yep, that's where I got the pictures. It's a 2 DVD set with 8 episodes
includign the ecky thump episode (my favourite). Should be able to get
it at most DVD shops.

DaveB

"Ti anchunt Lancustrian art of Ecky Thoomp" (Personal favorite is the
Sleepy Boboes episode)

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old June 15th 04, 02:30 PM
hippy

These silly-long links probably wont work, but check out the some of th
Goodies nowadays..

http://www.thehippy.net/gallery/albu...-19%20Westport
Giant%27s%20Causeway/CRW_9154.jp

http://www.thehippy.net/gallery/albu...-19%20Westport
Giant%27s%20Causeway/CRW_9155.jp

Pics taken of a hotel TV whilst in Ireland (April 04)

hipp

-