help picking a bike

Old June 22nd 04, 08:59 AM
johngrass

Default help picking a bike

hey all

I am just starting off mountian biking and i really like it i have read
alot about it (magazines) and decided to get a bike so i don'thave to
ride my dad's rigid bike. i have looked at a few bikes on the web and
and liked them properly my most favourite being specialized hard rock
pro disc and norco ryde

(Can anyone tell me how much the specialized is in australian
dollars thanx)

i like to just free ride but also am getting into downhill can anyone
suggest a bike within the price range of $800 to $1100 that is good for
these types of riding

thanks everyone

Old June 23rd 04, 12:20 AM
hippy

Originally posted by johngrass my most favourite being specialized hard

Try www.freedommachine.com.au. They sell Specialized.

i like to just free ride but also am getting into downhill can anyone
suggest a bike within the price range of $800 to $1100 that is good for
these types of riding

Remembering that most DH forks cost more than $1k, something from Norco
or Kona would probably be your best bet with that budget. Any bike can
be ridden downhill, but not all of them will last more than a month

hippy

Old June 23rd 04, 06:02 AM
tony f

"hippy" wrote in message
news
Originally posted by johngrass my most favourite being specialized hard
rock pro disc and norco ryde (Can anyone tell me how much the
specialized is in australian dollars thanx)

Try www.freedommachine.com.au. They sell Specialized.

i like to just free ride but also am getting into downhill can anyone
suggest a bike within the price range of $800 to $1100 that is good for
these types of riding

Remembering that most DH forks cost more than $1k, something from Norco
or Kona would probably be your best bet with that budget. Any bike can
be ridden downhill, but not all of them will last more than a month

hippy

Rebel have big specials at present, but not much left at my local - I think
it was 50% off bikes.

Otherwise you might be best looking at second hand - but take someone who
knows what to look for - second hand downhill bikes are scary.

Tony F
the *fat* hippy ;^)
www.thefathippy.com