Amazing!

Old August 4th 05, 02:25 AM
DeF

Default Amazing!

Went for a ride yesterday arvo. Was at an
intersection with lights next to a toy 4WD.
It was a bit tight. Window winds down and
the driver says "would you like to go first?"

I was dumbfounded! Didn't know what to say
at first but I effused gratefulness. Then
she says "you look so vulnerable on that thing".
Not sure I'd describe by Italian thoroughbred as
a "thing" but in the circumstances, I didn't
think abuse was appropriate.

Anyway, got through a tricky intersection
with minimum stress, marvelous!

On a related note. I have seen (can't remember
where) separate lights for bicycles at intersections.
They go green a few seconds before the main
lights do - very civilized.

Cheers,
Duncan.

--
e-mail:
To reply, you'll have to remove finger.
Old August 4th 05, 03:07 AM
cfsmtb

Hallelujah! :

--
cfsmtb

Old August 4th 05, 04:13 AM
Gumby

DeF wrote:
Went for a ride yesterday arvo. Was at an
intersection with lights next to a toy 4WD.
It was a bit tight. Window winds down and
the driver says "would you like to go first?"

I was dumbfounded! Didn't know what to say
at first but I effused gratefulness. Then
she says "you look so vulnerable on that thing".
Not sure I'd describe by Italian thoroughbred as
a "thing" but in the circumstances, I didn't
think abuse was appropriate.

Anyway, got through a tricky intersection
with minimum stress, marvelous!

On a related note. I have seen (can't remember
where) separate lights for bicycles at intersections.
They go green a few seconds before the main
lights do - very civilized.

Cheers,
Duncan.

Obviously your new tactic for picking up chicks. Did you get her phone
number as well?
Steven
Old August 4th 05, 04:58 AM
flyingdutch

DeF Wrote:
[...]

yyyeeeehhaawwwhhh!

hey, if you see them lights can you let us know and possibly get pix?

WA seems to drive quite alot of cycling new stuff..

--
flyingdutch

Old August 4th 05, 05:25 AM
warrwych

flyingdutch Wrote:
yyyeeeehhaawwwhhh!

hey, if you see them lights can you let us know and possibly get pix?

WA seems to drive quite alot of cycling new stuff...

Dutchy, I have seen them thar fancy fangled cycling friendly lights i
Melb - just don't ask me where cos I can't remember!! Give me a few hr
while I rack my brain to try and remember .....

--
warrwych

Old August 4th 05, 05:27 AM
Walrus

flyingdutch Wrote:
yyyeeeehhaawwwhhh!

hey, if you see them lights can you let us know and possibly get pix?

WA seems to drive quite alot of cycling new stuff...

The cycling lights outside Flinders St Station stay green while th
traffic lights are red. Not sure that this is what you mean though..

--
Walrus

Old August 4th 05, 05:33 AM
eddiec

Walrus Wrote:
The cycling lights outside Flinders St Station stay green while th
traffic lights are red. Not sure that this is what you mean though...

Speaking of Flinders St - I think I've seen something weird there wher
at the pedestrian crossing on Swanston St/ST Kilda Rd, the cycling ligh
stays green even when the car light is red and pedestrians have a gree
to cross - Am I seeing right? Seems awfully bizarre an
counter-productive if true..

--
eddiec

Old August 4th 05, 07:50 AM
Marx SS

I think those bicycle lights are only for MTB & Hybrids, not road bike
or Tri bikes, by the looks

--
Marx SS

Old August 4th 05, 09:49 AM
BruceA

Wow! Buy a lotto ticket!!

BruceA

Old August 4th 05, 11:46 AM
NoZX6R

warrwych wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

yyyeeeehhaawwwhhh!

hey, if you see them lights can you let us know and possibly get pix?

WA seems to drive quite alot of cycling new stuff...

Dutchy, I have seen them thar fancy fangled cycling friendly lights in
Melb - just don't ask me where cos I can't remember!! Give me a few hrs
while I rack my brain to try and remember ......

The cyclists get a green light before cars (usually) at Canning St and
Elgin St, Carlton. Quite often the sheep driving the cars see something
green and just put their foot down and go. IF a red light camera were
installed there the govt would make heaps of money.

Canning St carries LOTS of bikes every day.

The ped crossing outside Flinders St station also has a green bike light
before the cars get a green, and straight away heading north on Swanston
over Flinders St the bikes have a green light while the cars get a red.

At the ped crossing the bike light is obscured by some construction work
so I reckon there are lots of drivers who think the bikes are running a
red light. You can really only see the green bike light if you're right
at the front.

--
Nick