How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

Old January 21st 09, 04:16 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.racing,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc
Jeffrey Hamilton

Default How come bicycle clothing looks so silly?

Nate Nagel wrote:
Jeffrey Hamilton wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
!Jones' Sock Puppet wrote:
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 18:22:39 -0800, in alt.war.vietnam
(Tom Keats) wrote:

I have two words: Lamborghini Countache...
I'm not real sure what you're trying to say; however, it sounds
like you're pointing out that one finds conspicuous consumption
in many other areas of our lives besides bicycles... if that is,
in fact, your point, then I will agree.
I'm just saying: a bike is a bike is a bike.
Oh. OK... I suppose I'd have to agree with that.

What's a Lamborghini Countache?

Jones

A really ugly supercar. Not to be confused with it's predecessor,
the Miura, which is sex on wheels.

nate

Speak for thyself.....not I.....please see......

http://www.automotivehistoryonline.c...niCountach.htm

still has the power of 'auto-erection' over me......g

cheers.....Jeff

To me, the page you referce is like a photomontage of evolution of a
car from merely unattractive to heinous IMHO. Diff'rent strokes, I
guess...

Yep. I liked the early one's. For _1971_ this was *the car*. But the wedge
shape is not beloved by all.

I remember the first time I saw one on the road, not too many of them in
Toronto in the mid 1980's, it appeared almost as wide as the lane in the
road. I was driving an Innocenti at the time, basically an Italian made mini
in 1985, I believeI was looking down at the driver of the Countach, it sat
so low to the ground. Good stuff.

cheers....Jeff