relaxing ride...feel better

Old August 30th 03, 06:53 PM
mule

Default relaxing ride...feel better

Is it me or do rides really make you feel better?
For some reason I got out of bed in a not-so-good mood this morning.

I went for a short-ish 30km ride this afternoon and now I feel loads
better. I guess it's (what they call) those endorphins that help to relax
you and lift your mood.

It's a bit hilly around here but I enjoy the uphills as much as zooming
downhill. In fact I'd go so far as to say that I probably prefer going
uphill for the challenge.

Cycled along some quiet and some heavily-trafficked roads but everyone was
very decent. One woman didn't see me though and almost swiped me off as she
opened her car door - but I feel too good right now to give it further
thought.

The weather is still brilliant. I hope it continues.

Anyone else have any good rides today?

--
....meandering mule...
Old September 1st 03, 08:37 AM
Lee

"M Series" wrote in message
Its not just you, that is one of the reasons I continued cycling when all
other kids stop using their bikes.

"mule" wrote in message
[...]

I had a crackin ride into work this morning - did it in my fastest time ever
and yet, once again, I wasnt really pushing it - hope i still feel this way
when the snow comes :-)

Old September 1st 03, 08:50 AM
Tony W

"Lee" gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverym uch.btinternet.com
wrote in message ...

I had a crackin ride into work this morning - did it in my fastest time

ever
and yet, once again, I wasnt really pushing it - hope i still feel this

way
when the snow comes :-)

Maybe not snow -- snow & (especially) ice are not cycling friendly. But two
of the best rides I have had in the last 12 months were during heavy rain.
I have no idea why -- rain is often a complete downer on a ride -- but once
last November and again in the early spring I got caught in heavy rain which
somehow turned an 'ordinary' ride into something magical.