All kudos to Jeff Banks.

Old July 17th 04, 01:06 PM
Simon Mason

Default All kudos to Jeff Banks.

Jeff ,"colour,colour, colour" Banks has just completed a gruelling end to
end averaging 150 miles day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/sport/sp...effbanks.shtml

--
Simon M.

Old July 19th 04, 08:14 AM
Mark Tranchant

Simon Mason wrote:

Jeff ,"colour,colour, colour" Banks has just completed a gruelling end =

end averaging 150 miles day.

"I covered the first 100 miles in 5=BD hours" - I think I'd be pacing=20
myself a bit more. It seems as though Jeff knows what he's doing on a=20
bike, though.

--=20
Mark.
Old July 19th 04, 11:51 AM
davek

Mark Tranchant:
It seems as though Jeff knows what he's doing on a

bike, though.

Judging by the picture, he's not carrying much spare weight - either on
himself or on his very nice looking bike. I presume he was riding supported.
Which is not to belittle his excellent performance, mind.

d.

Old July 19th 04, 01:03 PM
Andy Leighton

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:51:02 +0000 (UTC),
davek wrote:
Mark Tranchant:
It seems as though Jeff knows what he's doing on a

bike, though.

Judging by the picture, he's not carrying much spare weight - either on
himself or on his very nice looking bike. I presume he was riding supported.
Which is not to belittle his excellent performance, mind.

Reading his diary on sportrelief URL:http://sportrelief.com/jeffbanks/
he did have a following car with a masseuse and stuff.
His bike was very nice - 13 or 14lb in weight I think he said it was on
Grandstand the other week.

BTW - the diary is well worth a read especially about the guy with a gammy
leg he met on the last day.

--
Andy Leighton =
- Robert Rankin, _They Came And Ate Us_
Old July 19th 04, 01:36 PM
bugbear

Andy Leighton wrote:

Reading his diary on sportrelief URL:http://sportrelief.com/jeffbanks/
he did have a following car with a masseuse and stuff.
His bike was very nice - 13 or 14lb in weight I think he said it was on
Grandstand the other week.

Still a mighty achievement - it would be a mighty achievement
on a (hypothetical - obviously) zero weight bike.

BugBear
Old July 19th 04, 03:43 PM
davek

Andy Leighton:
Reading his diary on sportrelief URL:http://sportrelief.com/jeffbanks/
he did have a following car with a masseuse and stuff.

Three support cars! That's mad! I bet even Lance Armstrong doesn't have that
many people dedicated to him alone.

BTW - the diary is well worth a read especially about the guy with a gammy
leg he met on the last day.

Yeah, humbling indeed. Still, anyone that can ride all that way in six days
is a star, even if they do have three support cars and a team of masseurs
and babes.

d.

Old July 19th 04, 07:05 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , davek
') wrote:

Mark Tranchant:
It seems as though Jeff knows what he's doing on a

bike, though.

Judging by the picture, he's not carrying much spare weight - either
on himself or on his very nice looking bike. I presume he was riding
supported. Which is not to belittle his excellent performance, mind.

I feel like one of those mythical crusty old judges. I have no idea who
Jeff Banks is. Is he just another B list celebrity, or has he actually
done something interesting? (apart from LeJog, of course)

...but have you *seen* the size of the world wide spider?

Old July 19th 04, 07:30 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:05:03 GMT, Simon Brooke
wrote in message :

I feel like one of those mythical crusty old judges. I have no idea who
Jeff Banks is.

I think I saw him on the telly once, but I can't for the life of me
remember what he was doing. Celebrity hairdresser or some such?

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old July 20th 04, 01:12 AM
Graeme

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in
:

I think I saw him on the telly once, but I can't for the life of me
remember what he was doing. Celebrity hairdresser or some such?

He was one of the presenters on "The Clothes Show" on BBC1 (late 80s, early
90s I think) and is some sort of clothes designer. Not that I *ever*
watched it you understand, just with three sisters it did tend to be on
every Sunday, right up against Ski Sunday at times if I remember correctly.

Graeme
Old July 20th 04, 08:04 AM
MSeries

I can't think what I'd need to take that would require three support
vehicles. Even with masseurs, 6 days for 1000miles is a fine
acheivement.

--
MSeries