Broken spokes...again

Old October 19th 04, 11:09 AM
David Damerell

jim beam wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
You can dodge all you like, but the one thing we'll never see you do is
answer Mark's questions.

hmm. you won't post a link but /i'm/ the dodger...

Yes. If you weren't a dodger, you would have answered them at the time.

Or we could just wait. Next time it comes up, next time he posts the
questions, you'll quietly slip away without answering, just like you did
every other time.
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!
Old October 19th 04, 05:29 PM
g.daniels

4700's a limit- nashbar has a sale on double walls at half price.
to understand whatbthe lbs is doing you really need to be able to and
have on hands experience with this wheel before giving it to the LBS.
you cannot expect the LBS to give you $130 of labor for $35 work on a
wheel that needs replacing for $50. what happens more or less is that
the LBS: 1) figures you understand the situation, 2) ura gonna
understand eventually, or 3) ura dumb. The LBS is not usually in the
habit of customer nuerotic stress analysis or therapy unless the wheel
is worth more than $200 or they're bored.
the spokes inside hooks are a give away-is that area worn or
burnished? is the hub hole elongated and burredwith sharp edges?
ya gotta take it apart!
and do it yourself.
the idea that ura gonna run into a wheel magician at the LBS is
somewhat farfetched.
if you give a bent rim to the guy he's gonna wind those spokes tight
and then snap.

Old October 19th 04, 08:22 PM

On 19 Oct 2004 11:09:09 +0100 (BST), David Damerell
wrote:

jim beam wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
You can dodge all you like, but the one thing we'll never see you do is
answer Mark's questions.

hmm. you won't post a link but /i'm/ the dodger...

Yes. If you weren't a dodger, you would have answered them at the time.

Or we could just wait. Next time it comes up, next time he posts the
questions, you'll quietly slip away without answering, just like you did
every other time.

Dear David,

We are waiting--for you to tell us what you're chattering
about.

Carl Fogel

Old October 20th 04, 03:39 AM
jim beam

David Damerell wrote:
jim beam wrote:

David Damerell wrote:

You can dodge all you like, but the one thing we'll never see you do is
answer Mark's questions.

hmm. you won't post a link but /i'm/ the dodger...

Yes. If you weren't a dodger, you would have answered them at the time.

Or we could just wait. Next time it comes up, next time he posts the
questions, you'll quietly slip away without answering, just like you did
every other time.

Z2V0IHNvbWUgdGhlcmFweQo=

Old October 20th 04, 05:00 PM
David Damerell

jim beam wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
Or we could just wait. Next time it comes up, next time he posts the
questions, you'll quietly slip away without answering, just like you did
every other time.

Z2V0IHNvbWUgdGhlcmFweQo=

What's that, Czech for "I am a weasel"?
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!
Old October 20th 04, 05:00 PM
David Damerell

jim beam wrote:
David Damerell wrote:
Or we could just wait. Next time it comes up, next time he posts the
questions, you'll quietly slip away without answering, just like you did
every other time.

Z2V0IHNvbWUgdGhlcmFweQo=

What's that, Czech for "I am a weasel"?
--
David Damerell Distortion Field!

Broken spokes...again AcctHitman General 7 October 14th 04 03:54 AM
broken spokes saturnsc2 Techniques 1 August 9th 04 11:31 PM
Wheel Rebuilding TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 16 January 1st 04 10:55 AM
Broken spokes again maf UK 34 October 4th 03 07:57 PM