CO2 Systems for tire inflation

Old October 17th 04, 05:05 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Werehatrack wrote:
Oops, you're right, CO2 is a larger molecule. If that was the only
criterion tha counted, then Xenon would be a better choice still, with
a molecular diameter that's significantly larger than any of those
mentioned.

I say we fill our tires with cholesterol.

--Blair
"Keep a supply with me at all times anyway."
Old October 17th 04, 04:33 PM
Werehatrack

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:05:20 GMT, Blair P. Houghton wrote:

Werehatrack wrote:
Oops, you're right, CO2 is a larger molecule. If that was the only
criterion tha counted, then Xenon would be a better choice still, with
a molecular diameter that's significantly larger than any of those
mentioned.

I say we fill our tires with cholesterol.

Why stop there? Use a massively cross-linked polymer; potentially,the
entire space could be enclosing just one very large molecule. It
would ride a bit rough, though.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

Old October 18th 04, 03:21 AM
Larry Coon

foldedpath wrote:

Someone with a couple of extra wheels sitting around should try filling one
with air, and the other with CO2 to the same pressure. Then let 'em sit for
a week or two, and compare the pressure loss.

One of my bikes has Continental Sprinter sew-ups, and the
front one has a slow leak. Starting from the same PSI, the
tire goes flat in about two days with pumped-in room air,
and about three days with CO2.

Needless to say, your mileage may vary.

Larry Coon
University of California

Old October 18th 04, 06:52 AM
Blair P. Houghton

Werehatrack wrote:
Oops, you're right, CO2 is a larger molecule. If that was the only
criterion tha counted, then Xenon would be a better choice still, with
a molecular diameter that's significantly larger than any of those
mentioned.

I say we fill our tires with cholesterol.

Why stop there? Use a massively cross-linked polymer; potentially,the
entire space could be enclosing just one very large molecule. It
would ride a bit rough, though.

I wonder what you could charge for tires based on this:

http://www.nanotech-now.com/ucb-release-08262002.htm

--Blair
"Enough to fill them with Angelina Jolie's
old farts..."

Old October 18th 04, 07:30 AM
philhudson

ive got an innovations ultraflate plus and its very good and simple t
use, it gets the job done and is a reasonable size

--
philhudso