Where to find hub cartridge bearings

Old October 19th 04, 11:11 PM
Doug

Default Where to find hub cartridge bearings

I've got an older hub that needs new cartridge bearings. I can mic
the things to get exact dimensions. Using those specs, I've been
hitting sites that I've Googled.

Is it simply a matter of reading through bearing specs until I find
the right size, or using the specs can I find some table which tells
the "type" or something? Like, ID=10mm, OD=25mm is a type 2309. Etc.

Any tips would be helpful. http://www.biketoolsetc.com and other such
sites list a slew of bearings that I've been reading through.

Thanks, Doug
Old October 20th 04, 01:12 PM
Lewis Campbell

Doug wrote in message . ..
I've got an older hub that needs new cartridge bearings. I can mic
the things to get exact dimensions. Using those specs, I've been
hitting sites that I've Googled.

Is it simply a matter of reading through bearing specs until I find
the right size, or using the specs can I find some table which tells
the "type" or something? Like, ID=10mm, OD=25mm is a type 2309. Etc.

Any tips would be helpful. http://www.biketoolsetc.com and other such
sites list a slew of bearings that I've been reading through.

Thanks, Doug

Hi, Doug, you should be able to get your bearings through your local
'industrial supply/bearing supply' store or you could check
http://www.mcmaster.com/

Hope this helps.

Lewis.