A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old July 3rd 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,152
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:33:21 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 10:42:49 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 02:00:16 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 7:48:57 AM UTC+1, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 05:53:12 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 15:15:29 -0700, Andre Jute wrote:

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 4:35:20 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:53:13 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:


Why was he there?

Andy Ngo was reporting for The Spectator, the oldest continuously
published magazine in the world.

Means absolutley nothing these days. Plenty of "media' collect click bait
articles by paid agents.

"oldest continuously published magazine in the world"

An interesting statement as "The Scots Magazine" was first published
in January 1776 and claims to be the oldest magazine in the world
still in publication while "The Spectator" was first published in
July 1828. But perhaps the confusion arises because almost certainly
the title was revived from The Spectator a daily publication founded
by Joseph Addison and Richard Steele in England, lasting from 1711 to
1712.
--
cheers,

John B.

Yo, Slow Johnny, thanks for the fact-check. You can be my new Google-bug, to replace one Carl Fogel/Vogel/whatever, who was a professional librarian but ran away. Or, more precisely, you can, as soon as you learn to read every word I write, and take the time to understand every word in its context, and of course whatever subtexts I give it, or ostentatiously refrain from giving it, as a message to the sophisticated (and wide-awake) reader. In this case, you're befuddled by missing out on the modifier "continuously" before "published". Do better.

Andre Jute
Relentless rigour -- Gaius Germanicus Ceasar


Well, I guess I'd be upset too if somebody pointed out that I didn't
know what I was talking.


Why should I be upset, Slow Johnny? You're doing a tedious little job for me for free. I always knew I could count on you.

By the way, did you ever lose enough weight to be able to ride your
bicycle up a hill? Or are you still using the "motor bike"?


Nah. That's just something else you didn't read carefully enough to understand. It's not about weight, it's about a heart rate limit that I negotiated with the therapists and my cardio team after heart surgery. The motor fills in any exertion above that level. Don't bust a gut about it; it probably isn't important to you.

--
cheers,


What do you have to be so cheerful about, or is it just a reflex knee-jerk?

John B.


Andre Jute
Duh


We now have two of our group that have contracted heart problems. Both now have pace-makers and both tried to ride as hard as before and had further problems. Now they ride like the sissies they have become. I simply do not push myself beyond what feels like a reasonable limit. That stops me from climbing with the group so I generally break off from them or don't even start.
Ads
  #22  
Old July 3rd 19, 08:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,152
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 5:25:39 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:08:18 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
You're projecting your crimes and immorality onto me.


Said the guy who clutches at pearls over a right-wing blogger getting roughed up, but never made a peep over the overt racist murders by white supremacists. Your lack of your ire over these is duly noted:

2014 - Overland Park Jewish Community Center shooting by a Neo-Nazi
2016 - 2016 Ohio restaurant machete attack. Islamist attack on a Middle Eastern restaurant displaying an Israeli flag.
2018 - Pittsburgh synagogue shooting in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
2018 - Los Angeles synagogue attack
2019 - Shooting at Chabad of Poway synagogue in Poway, California

It would laughable that you project the responsibility for hate crimes on the victims, if it weren't for the fact that it's your tacit support of the incidents that result in the continued motivation of the perpetrators.

Go blow your spiteful spittle at your mirror.


You could give lessons, ****ing hypocrite

Charisma is the talent of inducing apoplexy in losers by merely e
existing elegantly


For an example, see donald trump.


ZenCycle
Exposing Jute for the hate-mongering troll that he is.


Do tell us what a "White Supremist" is. You and your ilk seem capable of inventing terms that never existed in history before. With an imagination like yours it is a surprise that you bother to attend this group. You surely don't know anything about bicycles.
  #23  
Old July 3rd 19, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,380
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 12:01:31 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 8:08:29 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
The truth hurts.


If your feelings are hurt, declare yourself a minority group and wait for a Democrat presidential candidate (or several) to declare it his/her/its/their policy to give you taxpayer money in reparation.

Andre Jute

The hurtful truth of Portland being turned into Rwanda OR is below for sadomasochists who missed it first time round:

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:44:40 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 3:15:31 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 4:35:20 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:53:13 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Why was he there?

Andy Ngo was reporting for The Spectator, the oldest continuously published magazine in the world. Are you now justifying the beating up or perhaps even murder of journalists?

He's a participant. Both sides knew he would be there. He's a provocateur, much like the mullet-heads from Vancouver. Get martyred and do a go-fund-me site and another interview with Tucker Carlson. What's his go-fund-me page up to? https://www.gofundme.com/protect-andy-ngo-fund Yikes!

With that said, assault is assault. Prosecute the whole lot of them. I'm sympathetic to the rule of law.

I'm also sympathetic to the civilians who bear the brunt of Patriot Prayer coming to Portland to bait Antifa and then Antifa doing its thug-thing. And contrary to the popular alt-right mythology, the PPB does make arrests, and they do control crowds. And all of us Portlanders pay for the PPB OT.

I was there, too -- on my bike. I turned left, avoided the police wagon with all the guys on the running boards

Who did nothing while Ngo was beaten into a coma.

Hmmm. Gets a perfect score on the Glasgow Coma Scale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCe23AQ0du8 He was held over-night according to the stories due to a brain hemorrhage -- which would not go away over-night, at least not without some bur holes.

BTW, I would love to shut all these people down -- prosecute all of them. I'm not sympathetic, but don't put this guy up as your poster boy. In fact, STFU. I'm sick of internet know-nothings throwing gas on the fire.


and went for a spectacular ride through the West Hills. It was a beautiful day, and Sunday was equally beautiful and even a bit warmer, so I rode out to he https://i.redd.it/rj1qoaidmtx21.jpg 80 mile speed run with a single stop for a selfie at the falls to text back to my wife. Via he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLUcbgpVIpw I never get tired of that ride.

Christabel Bielenberg, a niece of the British press barons Northcliffe, Harmsworth, and Rothermere who lived in Germany throughout the Nazi era and the war, described well how the Germans got on with their lives a stones throw from the deathcamps. See her 1968 book The Past is Myself

Why not refer to Mad Max or the apocalypse? Really, lay it on thick like one of your conspiracy thrillers. Oooooh. NAZIs! The last time I checked, hyper-inflation has not lead Portlanders to fits of nationalistic Jew-killing. We have no desire to recapture our homeland of Beaverton or the southern province of Tigard.


Anyone who shows up for these clown-shows is seeking retribution or martyrdom or both. Ngo -- righteous martyr for the conservative cause, and he has the YouTube video to prove it!

Ngo was working, doing his job as a journalist. That's a nauseating bit of shystring by you, blaming the victim for being beaten into a vegetable. What's more, it is prima facie hypocrisy: if it were a left-wing journalist put into hospital by masked thugs, you'd be outraged.

Nope, not if that left-wing journalist were a participant -- except that nobody should be beating on anyone. Like I said, prosecute all of them.. Clear the streets.

I don't like Antifa either, and particularly when they tie up traffic or harass civilians. But I could care less about the usual suspects who show up to antagonize each other.

Antifa is a bunch of street corner thugs not even bright enough to have a cohesive theory of their attraction to violence. The only fascists in America today with even a pretense to a theory -- corporatism and homosexuality-- is the Democratic Party, with Antifa doing its wet work, as they just did on Andy Ngo to cheers from the same-old media mouthpieces for the Clintons.

-- Jay Beattie.

These students are so badly educated that they think what they think and do is new. It isn't:

"In Italy the fascists are divided into two categories: the fascists and the anti-fascists." -- Ennio Flaiano (couldn't find a date but sometime in the 1950s or 1960s)

"The lofty idea of 'the war on racism' is gradually turning into a hideously false ideology. And this anti-racism will be for the 21st century what Communism was for the 20th century: a source of violence." -- Alain Finkielkraut, 2005

"In the Democrats' northern fiefdoms the cops increasingly behave as they did in the party's old southern fiefdoms - they're there not to keep the peace but to ensure that their buddies in the Klan - whoops, sorry, I mean Klantifa - get to give the designated "troublemakers" a bloody good hiding." -- Mark Steyn, 2019

Wow, what a flourish -- is that like chapter three of "The Portland Conspiracy!" Too bad the current reality is less vivid and has nothing to do with national movements of the past.


Of course the genuine fascists of the Hitlerite stripe held their Kristallnacht for precisely the same reason as Antifa practices its violence, their inchoate claim that the free thought and speech of others is an aggression that justifies violence. Scum is as scum does. The Democratic leadership and flackery defending and egging on Antifa are equally scum. And so are their fellow-travellers and apologists, every single Democrat who doesn't condemn these events and Antifa forthrightly and unequivocally. Furthermore, attempts at moral equivalence ("Why was he there?" "Anyone who shows up for these clown-shows is seeking retribution or martyrdom or both.") are an insult to our intelligence.

The truth hurts.


If your feelings are hurt, declare yourself a minority group and there will no doubt be a Democratic presidential candidate (or several) who'll want to give you taxpayer money to make you feel better.


What do you call masked scum beating up a journalist and stealing his equipment? See https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...05193647759360. What do you call the police who stand by and let it happen?

There were good people on both sides! BTW, the police are not everywhere all the time. There are only so many of them at these shindigs, and AFAIK, none were assigned as Andy Ngo's personal escort. Where were the Patriot Pray guys? I think they set him up just like King Herod set up Jesus.

-- Jay Beattie.


Andre - as far as I've been able to make out, Portland is the only fascist government in Oregon where cops from other areas have told me that if someone of these fascists were to raise a pipe to another citizen they would simply shoot him. No warning.

The comments that Jay has made are simply unbelievable. He actually writes that someone has to have a reason to be anywhere on public land! I cannot ever think of him again as a officer of any court of law.


I'm about to head out for lunch and will not fear for my life walking through downtown Portland -- unless I buy a corn dog at Safeway. I'll check for fascists before leaving the building. https://tinyurl.com/y3neknbr I'm way up in that white office building right now, looking down at City Hall -- no fascists to be seen. I better get moving.

If you want to worry about something, worry about the alt-right mass shooters. https://www.splcenter.org/20180205/a...killing-people Worry about getting shot in Oakland. Worry about all the fevered reactionaries who believe what they see on the intenet. We'll manage our Antifa boys and girls.. BTW, you know nothing about the PPB, among other things. So STFU. Thank you. Come again.

-- Jay Beattie.




  #24  
Old July 3rd 19, 09:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,380
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 11:53:05 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:14:53 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:53:13 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Andre Jute
Disgusted at the Antifa's racism


Still hoping for another krystalnacht when your "proud boys" are allowed to run amok with impunity, eh Andre? Or maybe you would just like to see people passively sit and 'turn the other cheek' like when Dylan Roof performed his act of heroism on that unsuspecting elder black prayer circle. Face it, you're just ****ed because people are actively fighting back against your attempts at suppression/oppression. Ngo was an active supporter of the 'proud boys', and had published Islamophobic screeds. He may be gay and asian, but you know you're actually being quite dishonest when you suggested he was targeted for that. Meanwhile, the rants on your side of "jews will not replace us" go completely unmentioned by you.

Zencycle
Disgusted at Jute's hypocrisy.


The Antifa are the SAME people as Hitler's brownshirts and they should be treated as such. I would have had a different reaction than some journalist who was doing nothing but reporting what was going on.

Believe me Zen - if you were to make your comments to my face you would only do it once.


If you're going to the play, at least read the program. The Brownshirts are the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer. Antifa are the Bolsheviks. Its Fascists versus Communists. Antifa has no interest in racial purity or ultra-nationalism. If anything, they trend more towards Anarchism, which is another group of guys and gals with black bandannas and apparently short attention spans, because I don't see them much anymore.


-- Jay Beattie.
  #25  
Old July 3rd 19, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,458
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

Jay Beattie wrote:
We'll manage our Antifa boys and girls.


You should start soon, pal; looks to the rest of us that they're already out of control and the Dems are smugly along for the ride.

BTW, you know nothing about the PPB, among other things. So STFU. Thank you. Come again.


"STFU"? Shut the **** up? That's the best you can do? That's also the best Klantifa can do, because they don't have the wherewithal to make a rational argument.

Andre Jute
Always reasonable. Never shut up -- by anybody, including men with guns.


On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 8:57:47 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 12:01:31 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 8:08:29 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
jbeattie wrote:
The truth hurts.

If your feelings are hurt, declare yourself a minority group and wait for a Democrat presidential candidate (or several) to declare it his/her/its/their policy to give you taxpayer money in reparation.

Andre Jute

The hurtful truth of Portland being turned into Rwanda OR is below for sadomasochists who missed it first time round:

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:44:40 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 3:15:31 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 4:35:20 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:53:13 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Why was he there?

Andy Ngo was reporting for The Spectator, the oldest continuously published magazine in the world. Are you now justifying the beating up or perhaps even murder of journalists?

He's a participant. Both sides knew he would be there. He's a provocateur, much like the mullet-heads from Vancouver. Get martyred and do a go-fund-me site and another interview with Tucker Carlson. What's his go-fund-me page up to? https://www.gofundme.com/protect-andy-ngo-fund Yikes!

With that said, assault is assault. Prosecute the whole lot of them. I'm sympathetic to the rule of law.

I'm also sympathetic to the civilians who bear the brunt of Patriot Prayer coming to Portland to bait Antifa and then Antifa doing its thug-thing. And contrary to the popular alt-right mythology, the PPB does make arrests, and they do control crowds. And all of us Portlanders pay for the PPB OT.

I was there, too -- on my bike. I turned left, avoided the police wagon with all the guys on the running boards

Who did nothing while Ngo was beaten into a coma.

Hmmm. Gets a perfect score on the Glasgow Coma Scale. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCe23AQ0du8 He was held over-night according to the stories due to a brain hemorrhage -- which would not go away over-night, at least not without some bur holes.

BTW, I would love to shut all these people down -- prosecute all of them. I'm not sympathetic, but don't put this guy up as your poster boy. In fact, STFU. I'm sick of internet know-nothings throwing gas on the fire..


and went for a spectacular ride through the West Hills. It was a beautiful day, and Sunday was equally beautiful and even a bit warmer, so I rode out to he https://i.redd.it/rj1qoaidmtx21.jpg 80 mile speed run with a single stop for a selfie at the falls to text back to my wife. Via he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLUcbgpVIpw I never get tired of that ride.

Christabel Bielenberg, a niece of the British press barons Northcliffe, Harmsworth, and Rothermere who lived in Germany throughout the Nazi era and the war, described well how the Germans got on with their lives a stones throw from the deathcamps. See her 1968 book The Past is Myself

Why not refer to Mad Max or the apocalypse? Really, lay it on thick like one of your conspiracy thrillers. Oooooh. NAZIs! The last time I checked, hyper-inflation has not lead Portlanders to fits of nationalistic Jew-killing. We have no desire to recapture our homeland of Beaverton or the southern province of Tigard.


Anyone who shows up for these clown-shows is seeking retribution or martyrdom or both. Ngo -- righteous martyr for the conservative cause, and he has the YouTube video to prove it!

Ngo was working, doing his job as a journalist. That's a nauseating bit of shystring by you, blaming the victim for being beaten into a vegetable. What's more, it is prima facie hypocrisy: if it were a left-wing journalist put into hospital by masked thugs, you'd be outraged.

Nope, not if that left-wing journalist were a participant -- except that nobody should be beating on anyone. Like I said, prosecute all of them. Clear the streets.

I don't like Antifa either, and particularly when they tie up traffic or harass civilians. But I could care less about the usual suspects who show up to antagonize each other.

Antifa is a bunch of street corner thugs not even bright enough to have a cohesive theory of their attraction to violence. The only fascists in America today with even a pretense to a theory -- corporatism and homosexuality-- is the Democratic Party, with Antifa doing its wet work, as they just did on Andy Ngo to cheers from the same-old media mouthpieces for the Clintons.

-- Jay Beattie.

These students are so badly educated that they think what they think and do is new. It isn't:

"In Italy the fascists are divided into two categories: the fascists and the anti-fascists." -- Ennio Flaiano (couldn't find a date but sometime in the 1950s or 1960s)

"The lofty idea of 'the war on racism' is gradually turning into a hideously false ideology. And this anti-racism will be for the 21st century what Communism was for the 20th century: a source of violence." -- Alain Finkielkraut, 2005

"In the Democrats' northern fiefdoms the cops increasingly behave as they did in the party's old southern fiefdoms - they're there not to keep the peace but to ensure that their buddies in the Klan - whoops, sorry, I mean Klantifa - get to give the designated "troublemakers" a bloody good hiding." -- Mark Steyn, 2019

Wow, what a flourish -- is that like chapter three of "The Portland Conspiracy!" Too bad the current reality is less vivid and has nothing to do with national movements of the past.


Of course the genuine fascists of the Hitlerite stripe held their Kristallnacht for precisely the same reason as Antifa practices its violence, their inchoate claim that the free thought and speech of others is an aggression that justifies violence. Scum is as scum does. The Democratic leadership and flackery defending and egging on Antifa are equally scum. And so are their fellow-travellers and apologists, every single Democrat who doesn't condemn these events and Antifa forthrightly and unequivocally. Furthermore, attempts at moral equivalence ("Why was he there?" "Anyone who shows up for these clown-shows is seeking retribution or martyrdom or both.") are an insult to our intelligence.

The truth hurts.

If your feelings are hurt, declare yourself a minority group and there will no doubt be a Democratic presidential candidate (or several) who'll want to give you taxpayer money to make you feel better.


What do you call masked scum beating up a journalist and stealing his equipment? See https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...05193647759360. What do you call the police who stand by and let it happen?

There were good people on both sides! BTW, the police are not everywhere all the time. There are only so many of them at these shindigs, and AFAIK, none were assigned as Andy Ngo's personal escort. Where were the Patriot Pray guys? I think they set him up just like King Herod set up Jesus..

-- Jay Beattie.


Andre - as far as I've been able to make out, Portland is the only fascist government in Oregon where cops from other areas have told me that if someone of these fascists were to raise a pipe to another citizen they would simply shoot him. No warning.

The comments that Jay has made are simply unbelievable. He actually writes that someone has to have a reason to be anywhere on public land! I cannot ever think of him again as a officer of any court of law.


I'm about to head out for lunch and will not fear for my life walking through downtown Portland -- unless I buy a corn dog at Safeway. I'll check for fascists before leaving the building. https://tinyurl.com/y3neknbr I'm way up in that white office building right now, looking down at City Hall -- no fascists to be seen. I better get moving.

If you want to worry about something, worry about the alt-right mass shooters. https://www.splcenter.org/20180205/a...killing-people Worry about getting shot in Oakland. Worry about all the fevered reactionaries who believe what they see on the intenet. We'll manage our Antifa boys and girls.


You should start soon, pal; they're already out of control.

BTW, you know nothing about the PPB, among other things. So STFU. Thank you. Come again.


"STFU"? Shut the **** up? That's the best you can do? That's also the best Klantifa can do, because they don't have the wherewithal to make a rational argument.

-- Jay Beattie.

  #26  
Old July 4th 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,458
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

Jay Beattie wants to know:

Do you have part-time police [in Ireland][?].


No, nor local police in the sense that Portland has its own police force. There is only one force, the Garda Siochana (several character accents missing), and it is national and full-time, and essentially incorruptible. Of course, that doesn't stop the police being selective about what they report to the prosecution service for prosecution; for instance, statutes against jaywalking aren't rigorously enforced because a Police Commissioner in the depths of history decided it would estrange his force from the populace to enforce such a petty rule. The police here are for the most part extremely agreeable and easygoing, especially in the countryside. I imagine the criminal classes may give a different report but I'm talking about police attitudes to the law-abiding.

There's more from Jay below but I've made all my points, so I'll pass.

Andre Jute
Proceeding calmly at flank speed
On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 1:21:22 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:44:31 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 7:49:49 PM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:35:20 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 5:53:13 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Why was he there?
I was there, too -- on my bike. I turned left, avoided the police wagon with all the guys on the running boards and went for a spectacular ride through the West Hills. It was a beautiful day, and Sunday was equally beautiful and even a bit warmer, so I rode out to he https://i.redd.it/rj1qoaidmtx21.jpg 80 mile speed run with a single stop for a selfie at the falls to text back to my wife. Via he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLUcbgpVIpw I never get tired of that ride.

For Frank, the Gorge Highway is open again, and except for some random charred trees, you wouldn't know that there was a giant forest fire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7JTxYNWt4 Shepperds Dell was untouched: https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4709/...b20175ee_b.jpg


Anyone who shows up for these clown-shows is seeking retribution or martyrdom or both. Ngo -- righteous martyr for the conservative cause, and he has the YouTube video to prove it!

I don't like Antifa either, and particularly when they tie up traffic or harass civilians. But I could care less about the usual suspects who show up to antagonize each other.

-- Jay Beattie.

At what point in the Portland history did someone need a "reason" to be on public property? At what point in Portland history did the police not protect people from ANY protestors?

The Portlamd government has became sick almost to the point of criminal activity.


Exactly. The very nub of the matter. At what point, Jay, did the police in Portland have to approve of a citizen's politics before they extend protection to him?


Ah, never, except in alt-right fantasy land. What I love is that the usual claims are that the Police collude with Patriot Prayer. It must get tiring for PPB to be colluding with so many people. https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/20...warm-exchange/

As a lawyer, do you think Andy Ngo, a citizen assaulted by a mob while police were on duty, should sue the City, the Mayor, and his incompetent or corrupt police department?

The police are always on duty. Do you have part-time police. Not here in Portland -- full time, baby. Regrettably, the police are not everywhere all the time. They didn't stop the right-wing lunatic Jeremy Christian from stabbing to death two MAX riders. https://www.wweek.com/news/courts/20...ourtroom-rant/

They were not escorting Andy Ngo, and from what I can see in the 30 second video, they were not in that crowd -- although alt-right media would have you believe they were standing there eating popcorn and clapping. Even Faux news is backing down, which seems reasonable since they've already arraigned three people involved in the assault. https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-...rvative-writer

-- Jay Beattie.

  #27  
Old July 4th 19, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,380
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 5:04:49 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 9:15:25 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 11:53:05 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:14:53 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:53:13 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Andre Jute
Disgusted at the Antifa's racism

Still hoping for another krystalnacht when your "proud boys" are allowed to run amok with impunity, eh Andre? Or maybe you would just like to see people passively sit and 'turn the other cheek' like when Dylan Roof performed his act of heroism on that unsuspecting elder black prayer circle. Face it, you're just ****ed because people are actively fighting back against your attempts at suppression/oppression. Ngo was an active supporter of the 'proud boys', and had published Islamophobic screeds. He may be gay and asian, but you know you're actually being quite dishonest when you suggested he was targeted for that. Meanwhile, the rants on your side of "jews will not replace us" go completely unmentioned by you.

Zencycle
Disgusted at Jute's hypocrisy.

The Antifa are the SAME people as Hitler's brownshirts and they should be treated as such. I would have had a different reaction than some journalist who was doing nothing but reporting what was going on.

Believe me Zen - if you were to make your comments to my face you would only do it once.


If you're going to the play, at least read the program. The Brownshirts are the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer. Antifa are the Bolsheviks. Its Fascists versus Communists. Antifa has no interest in racial purity or ultra-nationalism. If anything, they trend more towards Anarchism, which is another group of guys and gals with black bandannas and apparently short attention spans, because I don't see them much anymore.


-- Jay Beattie.


Eh? Unless I somehow missed that the Proud Boys (of whom I heard for the first time today) and Patriot Prayer (whoever they may be) are queer, that is an analogy so far into imprecision even Slow Johnny would be proud of it.. See, Ernst Roehm's brownshirts were disruptive socialists well to the left of Hitler's (blackshirted) national socialists -- and their leadership was homosexual*, which is one reason (the main one was that Army leadership, which Hitler needed to consolidate his power, despised the "degenerate" Roehm, who stood in the way of the stability the Army demanded) why Hitler murdered them on the weekend of 30 June 1934.

I'm just putting that down for the precision of the historical record. For myself, I see zero difference between Hitler's Nazi Party and Joe Stalin's Communist Party, or between their leaders, or their philosophies, such as they were.

*Current pundits, especially the empty suits on television, seem to think Americans invented homosexuality as a driver of party and intra-party politics. Clearly not so.


If you're going to be Mr. Portland pundit, you better learn the players. It's like a bad opera. https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/03/1...ain-publicity/

-- Jay Beattie
  #28  
Old July 4th 19, 07:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,458
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

Jay Beattie is in jocular mood:
If you're going to be Mr. Portland pundit, you better learn the players. It's like a bad opera. https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/03/1...ain-publicity/


-- Jay Beattie


Forsooth, I will not. I have better fish to fry, and I'm hungry.

Andre Jute
Pity about Portland. Up the Willamette Valley is beautiful.

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 4:12:43 AM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 5:04:49 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 9:15:25 PM UTC+1, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 11:53:05 AM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:14:53 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:53:13 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Andre Jute
Disgusted at the Antifa's racism

Still hoping for another krystalnacht when your "proud boys" are allowed to run amok with impunity, eh Andre? Or maybe you would just like to see people passively sit and 'turn the other cheek' like when Dylan Roof performed his act of heroism on that unsuspecting elder black prayer circle.. Face it, you're just ****ed because people are actively fighting back against your attempts at suppression/oppression. Ngo was an active supporter of the 'proud boys', and had published Islamophobic screeds. He may be gay and asian, but you know you're actually being quite dishonest when you suggested he was targeted for that. Meanwhile, the rants on your side of "jews will not replace us" go completely unmentioned by you.

Zencycle
Disgusted at Jute's hypocrisy.

The Antifa are the SAME people as Hitler's brownshirts and they should be treated as such. I would have had a different reaction than some journalist who was doing nothing but reporting what was going on.

Believe me Zen - if you were to make your comments to my face you would only do it once.

If you're going to the play, at least read the program. The Brownshirts are the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer. Antifa are the Bolsheviks. Its Fascists versus Communists. Antifa has no interest in racial purity or ultra-nationalism. If anything, they trend more towards Anarchism, which is another group of guys and gals with black bandannas and apparently short attention spans, because I don't see them much anymore.


-- Jay Beattie.


Eh? Unless I somehow missed that the Proud Boys (of whom I heard for the first time today) and Patriot Prayer (whoever they may be) are queer, that is an analogy so far into imprecision even Slow Johnny would be proud of it. See, Ernst Roehm's brownshirts were disruptive socialists well to the left of Hitler's (blackshirted) national socialists -- and their leadership was homosexual*, which is one reason (the main one was that Army leadership, which Hitler needed to consolidate his power, despised the "degenerate" Roehm, who stood in the way of the stability the Army demanded) why Hitler murdered them on the weekend of 30 June 1934.

I'm just putting that down for the precision of the historical record. For myself, I see zero difference between Hitler's Nazi Party and Joe Stalin's Communist Party, or between their leaders, or their philosophies, such as they were.

*Current pundits, especially the empty suits on television, seem to think Americans invented homosexuality as a driver of party and intra-party politics. Clearly not so.


If you're going to be Mr. Portland pundit, you better learn the players. It's like a bad opera. https://www.wweek.com/news/2019/03/1...ain-publicity/

-- Jay Beattie

  #29  
Old July 4th 19, 10:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 502
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 11:53:04 -0700 (PDT), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:14:53 AM UTC-7, Zen Cycle wrote:
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:53:13 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
See https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...lands-anti-fa/ about the police-assisted fascisti who call themselves Anti-Fa in Portland beating up a gay Asian journalist.

Andre Jute
Disgusted at the Antifa's racism


Still hoping for another krystalnacht when your "proud boys" are allowed to run amok with impunity, eh Andre? Or maybe you would just like to see people passively sit and 'turn the other cheek' like when Dylan Roof performed his act of heroism on that unsuspecting elder black prayer circle. Face it, you're just ****ed because people are actively fighting back against your attempts at suppression/oppression. Ngo was an active supporter of the 'proud boys', and had published Islamophobic screeds. He may be gay and asian, but you know you're actually being quite dishonest when you suggested he was targeted for that. Meanwhile, the rants on your side of "jews will not replace us" go completely unmentioned by you.

Zencycle
Disgusted at Jute's hypocrisy.


The Antifa are the SAME people as Hitler's brownshirts and they should be treated as such. I would have had a different reaction than some journalist who was doing nothing but reporting what was going on.

Believe me Zen - if you were to make your comments to my face you would only do it once.


As you say, I do not live in the U.S. and haven't for some years so I
have never heard of the "Antifa"so I had to read up on them on the Net
and I read:

The Antifa movement is a conglomeration of left-wing autonomous,
militant anti-fascist groups in the United States... Activists
involved in the movement tend to be anti-capitalists and subscribe to
a range of ideologies, typically on the left. They include anarchists,
socialists and communists...

This hardly sounds like the Brownshirts, actual name "The
Sturmabteilung", literally Storm Detachment, was the Nazi Party's
original paramilitary.Its primary purposes were providing protection
for Nazi rallies and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing
parties, especially the Communist Party of Germany (KPD), and
intimidating Romani, trade unionists, and, especially, Jews.

It appears that you have gotten it wrong (yet again) as the Antifa are
described as being very Left Wing... anarchists, socialists and
communists.

While the Brownshirts seem to have been exactly the opposite and
attacked communists and trade unions and other such socialist
organizations.

--

Cheers,

John B.
  #30  
Old July 5th 19, 01:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,458
Default The American Fascist Party can't all be cyclists!

On Thursday, July 4, 2019 at 4:42:31 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote to Jay Beattie:

If you can't see parallels (if not inspiration,emulation)
between antifa and Mussolini's Black Shirts of 1922 you need
some perspective.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971


"Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it." But there is someone in more recent history we can fix the blame on: Herbert Marcuse.

Andre Jute
Jusdafaxmam
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Downsides of the fascist compulsion urge shared by too many cyclists Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 3 March 3rd 16 12:05 PM
American cyclists no better than ours? Partac[_10_] UK 2 June 12th 13 04:07 PM
Who wants the fascist Krygowski to speak for cyclists? Andre Jute[_2_] Social Issues 103 September 3rd 10 10:11 PM
Who wants the fascist Krygowski to speak for cyclists? Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 139 September 3rd 10 10:11 PM
Who wants the fascist Krygowski to speak for cyclists? Andre Jute[_2_] Racing 44 September 1st 10 05:57 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.