Rear rack which holds U-Lock?

Old June 26th 04, 01:12 AM
Gooserider

Default Rear rack which holds U-Lock?

I'm in the process of outfitting my new Ibex as a commuter, and I'm going to
need a rack. I have a beam rack, but the new bike has eyelets, so.... I
remember seeing a Kryptonite rack years ago which held a U-Lock, but it's
not listed on their website. Does anybody know a rack like this?

Mike

Old June 26th 04, 01:12 AM
Mike Kruger

"Gooserider" wrote in message
I'm in the process of outfitting my new Ibex as a commuter, and I'm going

need a rack. I have a beam rack, but the new bike has eyelets, so.... I
remember seeing a Kryptonite rack years ago which held a U-Lock, but it's
not listed on their website. Does anybody know a rack like this?

I've got a Topeak rack that does that. Rattles, though.

Old June 26th 04, 01:41 AM
Diablo Scott

Gooserider wrote:
I'm in the process of outfitting my new Ibex as a commuter, and I'm going to
need a rack. I have a beam rack, but the new bike has eyelets, so.... I
remember seeing a Kryptonite rack years ago which held a U-Lock, but it's
not listed on their website. Does anybody know a rack like this?

Mike

Masterlock has one that goes on your seatpost and will hold some extra
stuff, not as much as a touring rack but maybe good enough for a commute
pack. You could probably use the touring rack also and just use this
thing for a lock holder.

http://tinyurl.com/2gzjw

--
My bike blog:
http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/
Old June 26th 04, 01:42 AM
Gooserider

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
s.com...
"Gooserider" wrote in message
I'm in the process of outfitting my new Ibex as a commuter, and I'm

going
need a rack. I have a beam rack, but the new bike has eyelets, so.... I
remember seeing a Kryptonite rack years ago which held a U-Lock, but

it's
not listed on their website. Does anybody know a rack like this?

I've got a Topeak rack that does that. Rattles, though.

Well, it's either have a rattly rack or keep using my messenger bag. My
frame's too small to use a mounting bracket, and my handlebar space is taken
up with a computer, light, and Air Zound. Does the rack hold the lock
securely, do you like it, and where did you get it?

Mike

Old June 26th 04, 01:54 AM
Mike Kruger

"Gooserider" wrote in message

"Mike Kruger" wrote in message
s.com...

I've got a Topeak rack that does that. Rattles, though.

... Does the rack hold the lock
securely, do you like it, and where did you get it?

It holds the lock securely, under the rack itself.
I don't really use this feature at the moment; that rack's on my commuter
bike and I just carry a cheap cable with me (real lock left on rack at
work). The rack itself is fine.
Don't remember where I got it. Best bet would be to check the Topeak web
site for the model number and ask around.

Old June 26th 04, 04:51 AM
David Reuteler

Gooserider wrote:
Well, it's either have a rattly rack or keep using my messenger bag.

shove it down the back right part of your pants (well, unless you're wearing
bike shorts that is) .. it works a little better if you wear a belt but
it's not necessary. i forget it's there sometimes, it never rattles and the
lock couldn't be more accessible.
--
david reuteler

Old June 26th 04, 05:01 AM
Luigi de Guzman

On 26 Jun 2004 03:51:04 GMT, David Reuteler wrote:

Gooserider wrote:
Well, it's either have a rattly rack or keep using my messenger bag.

shove it down the back right part of your pants (well, unless you're wearing
bike shorts that is) .. it works a little better if you wear a belt but
it's not necessary. i forget it's there sometimes, it never rattles and the
lock couldn't be more accessible.

Is that a Kryptonite in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

-Luigi
Old June 26th 04, 05:20 AM
David Reuteler

Luigi de Guzman wrote:
Is that a Kryptonite in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

putting the lock down the front of your pants interferes greatly with your
ability to pedal.
--
david reuteler

Old June 26th 04, 04:51 PM
Leo Lichtman

"David Reuteler" wrote: putting the lock down the front of your pants
interferes greatly with your ability to pedal.
And that ain't all.

Old June 27th 04, 09:20 PM
Mark Mitchell

Removable platform for rear rack? David Kerber General 16 April 26th 04 08:55 AM
Wieght/aero-weenie rear rack Rick Onanian General 9 April 11th 04 02:52 AM
rear hitch bike rack curt General 12 March 18th 04 10:55 PM
Trunk rack for car with small rear wing? David General 3 March 10th 04 07:36 AM