please post more RR's......

Old November 8th 04, 04:37 PM
Reco Diver

"J G" wrote in message ink.net...
I thought he was talking about things on J G's "giant dingy"

There wil be no talk od such matters untill I get some liberty with the
Missus.

InI?

... not to be confused with the dinghy J G is serving aboard.

That would be an "Amphibious Transport Dock"
Donlt know WHY they would call a ship and dock,
But....... hey, since when did the military make sense?-)

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/.../ship-lpd.html

Funny from the first pic, I thought LSD. But I couldn't get around the
old LSD-32, of which I think all have gone the way of the Spiegel
Grove, so I knew I was wrong. Just goes to show that I have been away
from the water way too long.

Then again the largest vessel I served on was still a boat, but
ballast her down and keep the diesels at 3,500 and she could push or
(pull) nearly 1,000 times her displacement (72 tons). She was also a
stable platform for AToN and SARR.

Bilge bunny extraordinaire
Semper Paratus
Old November 8th 04, 04:48 PM
Reco Diver

"B i l l S o r n s o n" wrote in message . ..
small change wrote:
OK -
went out for a Saturday spin with my crazyfun friends.

snip

Wow, I've been stopped by sheep,

I can't believe ... you said it.

cows, horses (of course) and various
varmints,

You reallly need to get out more.

but never by a PIG!

Are you suggesting that pigs have extremely low self-esteem?

Bill "few pot bellies though" S.

May I suggest Bill "loves ewe" S.

I don't believe in smileys
Old November 8th 04, 06:30 PM
Shawn

Reco Diver wrote:

I don't believe in smileys

?

That's like saying you don't believe in cell phones or evolution.
:-)

Shawn
Old November 8th 04, 09:44 PM
Nelson @ International Bicycle

Okay, here goes:

Took out my Ground Control, hooked up the trailer.

Rode up and down the sidewalk towing a sign reading "Layaway your bikes for
Xmas!"

The McPherson Strut performed flawlessly in the dips and hollows of the
driveways!

Old November 8th 04, 11:52 PM
Reco Diver

Shawn wrote in message ...
Reco Diver wrote:

I don't believe in smileys

?

That's like saying you don't believe in cell phones

By "cell phone" you mean synapse right?

or evolution.

That, Gary Fisher induced, 1 1/14 inch sh#t is dead. Long live the 1 inch headset.

:-)

Really ... if ppl don't know you're joking ... that makes it all that much funnier.

:-)~~~

sending this out via telegraph.
Old November 9th 04, 12:25 AM
Shawn

Reco Diver wrote:
Shawn wrote in message ...

Reco Diver wrote:

I don't believe in smileys

?

That's like saying you don't believe in cell phones

By "cell phone" you mean synapse right?

I have a cousin like that, and she's not even blond.

or evolution.

That, Gary Fisher induced, 1 1/14 inch sh#t is dead. Long live the 1 inch headset.

One and one fourteenth inch headset? Yeah, that one's dead.

Really ... if ppl don't know you're joking ... that makes it all that much funnier.

Sometimes

Shawn
Old November 9th 04, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

"Shawn" wrote in message
Reco Diver wrote:
Shawn wrote in message

Reco Diver wrote:

I don't believe in smileys

?

That's like saying you don't believe in cell phones

By "cell phone" you mean synapse right?

I have a cousin like that, and she's not even blond.

or evolution.

That, Gary Fisher induced, 1 1/14 inch sh#t is dead. Long live the 1

inch headset.

One and one fourteenth inch headset? Yeah, that one's dead.

Really ... if ppl don't know you're joking ... that makes it all that

much funnier.

Sometimes

Shawn

*FART*

Old November 9th 04, 09:37 PM
supabonbon

"J G" wrote in message ink.net...
The ergocycles on board just aren't cutting it.

On a side-note: I'm trying to start a Spinning class, several of the females
on board have shown interest and even several males may show up......

RR: Midtown NYC to Brooklyn via the West Side Greenway
Uh, I was on my way home, cutting across 55th street downhill to the
West Side Greenway on the track bike yesterday, when a car (midsize,
nondescript, Asian make) in traffic swerved into me. I turned the bars
parallel and sideswiped, BANG!, into my recently sprained right wrist
and hip. I glanced off, rolled a little ways, stopped, looked around,
and saw that I'd knocked off his rearview mirror. I figured I'd be a
bit bruised, but I was in too blithe a mood to get into a yelling
match so I rode off.
That's my second rear view mirror. I've also smacked up a right front
fender, and dented a Ford Escort's hood into a birdbath. Oh, and hit
three doors as they were opened suddenly... plus a few jaywalking
pedestrians... all over decades of riding mind you.
I've got the wrist splint back on today.
La lee la!
/s
Old November 10th 04, 04:50 AM
JD

"J G" wrote in message ink.net...
The ergocycles on board just aren't cutting it.

On a side-note: I'm trying to start a Spinning class, several of the females
on board have shown interest and even several males may show up......

huh?

JD
Old November 10th 04, 05:23 AM
Ezookiel

"JD" wrote in message
om...
"J G" wrote in message
ink.net...
The ergocycles on board just aren't cutting it.

On a side-note: I'm trying to start a Spinning class, several of the
females
on board have shown interest and even several males may show up......

huh?

You know, "spinning", where they use one of those wheel gizmos to turn wool
into yarn.
Obviously it's a bit harder to get macho navy males to these sorts of
classes, but it sure
beats getting jumpers mailed to you from home for those cold nights at sea
{;-}

Ezookiel