Trek or cannondale

Old September 2nd 03, 02:32 AM
Douglas Inman

Default Trek or cannondale

I am not sure if I want to get a trek cyclocross or a Trek 1500 or get a
Cannondale r600 triple?? I just want a bike that I can do road as well as
trials with.I have a mountain bike now,so I am wanting something with
smaller tires.. Let me know

Thanks

Old September 2nd 03, 02:58 AM
Kurd

Lemond Poprad... lot of bang for the buck. (Most Trek dealers can get em).
Two guys at my store got it this year. Sweet 853 frame, 105 group, pretty
cool wheels for around $1000.

-kurd

Old September 2nd 03, 04:42 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky

I am not sure if I want to get a trek cyclocross or a Trek 1500 or get a
Cannondale r600 triple?? I just want a bike that I can do road as well as
trials with.I have a mountain bike now,so I am wanting something with
smaller tires.. Let me know

I can't speak for the Cannondale (we don't sell them), but the TREK 1500 is
an awesome road bike for $1000... nicer than what you could get in '03 at
about $1200. If by "trials" you mean time trials or some other form of
racing, a 1500 will be a lighter and more nimble bike than a CycloCross
model. But, if you had ideas of loading it down with racks & fenders &
touring gear etc at some point, the CycloCross bikes become very attractive
as a multi-use machine that, while not quite as fast as a standard road
bike, isn't too far off.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old September 3rd 03, 04:03 AM
Charles Beristain

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 23:00:57 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" wrote:

.like Magura disks
drilled for four instead of six holes.

all their bikes for the past few years have been 6 holes..

charlie

Old September 3rd 03, 01:49 PM
Art Harris

"Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:

If by "trials" you mean time trials or some other form of
racing, a 1500 will be a lighter and more nimble bike than a CycloCross

Think he meant "trails" based on the context: "road or trails." So the
CycloCross would be more appropriate.

Art Harris