Unbelievable, the Buddhists and I are making sense!

Old January 12th 11, 03:34 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the prophet of the deep jungle[_2_]

Default Unbelievable, the Buddhists and I are making sense!

On Jan 11, 11:28 pm, Vajra wrote:

It is my contention that species put down their defenses outside a
jungle environment. Proof of that is how Northern Europe has
progressed from the depths of barbarism, some as recent as WWII.

Yes, possibly. Although some might argue that the barbarism has just
changed its form.

I'd ask a few practical questions to rate barbarism:

Are road manners the rule and not the exception? They seem to be in
Germany. Not here!

Are the homeless all over the place? Big problem here.

Do women feel safe in parks! Not here! (the homeless are respected,
not women)

Do they respect cyclists? Not here!

It's not an all or nothing scale. There are different degrees.

Or extinction of the species.

Correct.

It may mean nothing for bikes on the road or outside the central area.

It's a shame the Dutch model hasn't been adopted by more countries.

Yep, I'm trying to sell that system. But the Fat Cats don't care about
bicycles or legalizing pot. They only care about their SUVs and
keeping "all the prohibitions" while the Mexicans are terrorized and
our prisons are overwhelmed.

Ah, yes. The money delusion.

Here it buys you everything, except space. Yes, they live in Gated
Communities but enjoy little space.

Everything except happiness too.

They have beautiful cages overlooking the ocean, but they are still
cages. I've said the other day, "bicycles mean wings for pedestrians"
and I want to fly! A few places to escape to --if you dare to ride the
road!