bicycle seat that won't hurt my bottom

Old November 23rd 12, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default bicycle seat that won't hurt my bottom

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:11:51 -0800 (PST), SMS
wrote:

http://www.rideouttech.com/Bicycle%20Seats-Products%20and%20Ordering.html

Unfortunately, that isn't a bicycle-seat sales page. It's an
update-to-the-latest-macromedia-something-or-the-other page.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old December 3rd 12, 04:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Sunday, May 20, 2012 7:55:05 PM UTC-7, Bill Proms wrote:
I've been cycling off and on for nearly a year. When I started, I'd ride

about 8 miles and didn't have much, if any, of my bottom hurting. Now that

I'm doubling the distance, lately my bottom has been hurting a little more

and I wonder if I could change the seat to something better. I'm overweight

by about 40 lbs, so that doesn't help when sitting on a small seat. One

time I had a pilonidal cyst removed from my bottom and the irritation I'm

getting is appearing in that area and I don't want to agitate it any

further.

So, recommendations for a seat would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, can you update us on what's happening in the butt area? I'd be interested in knowing what recipe you followed and if it helped or not.
Old December 4th 12, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Wes Groleau

On 12-03-2012 10:47, wrote:
Bill, can you update us on what's happening in the butt area?

Ask your proctologist.

--
Wes Groleau

You always have time for what you do first.

Old December 18th 12, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Friday, November 16, 2012 9:15:25 AM UTC-8, Art Harris wrote:
Bill Proms wrote:

I've been cycling off and on for nearly a year. When I started, I'd ride

about 8 miles and didn't have much, if any, of my bottom hurting. Now that

I'm doubling the distance, lately my bottom has been hurting a little more

and I wonder if I could change the seat to something better. I'm overweight

by about 40 lbs, so that doesn't help when sitting on a small seat. One

time I had a pilonidal cyst removed from my bottom and the irritation I'm

What kind of bike? A racing style "ten speed" will put more of your weight on your arms/hands and less on your butt.

Padded cycling shorts will help, too.

Many folks (including me) find the San Marco Rolls saddle very comfortable.

Art Harris

I agree with Art. Moreover, after you ride for a long enough time you grow used to knowing how to sit on any good saddle and have very few problems. If you're really getting pains it's almost always because you're not sitting far enough back on the saddle.

tadpole trike with seat higher than bottom bracket? Jon Bendtsen Recumbent Biking 11 September 9th 08 09:47 PM
Bicycle seat on a uni AscenXion Unicycling 15 July 3rd 06 08:55 PM
Bicycle seat on a uni Jim Unicycling 1 June 28th 06 05:41 PM
Bicycle seat for road use. Mikefule Unicycling 5 September 10th 05 09:19 AM
Bicycle Seat Maggie General 13 November 9th 04 11:48 AM