cycling in Kalamazoo

Old June 8th 16, 12:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default cycling in Kalamazoo

http://ktla.com/2016/06/07/at-least-...s-in-michigan/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 8th 16, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:54:02 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2016/06/07/at-least-...s-in-michigan/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

5500 NORTH WESTNEDGE AVENUE KALAMAZOO MI

https://goo.gl/jMxvvG

http://www.theatlantic.com/news/arch...cident/486140/

SEARCHED KTLA Kalamazoo winding into a shooting

Loose tie rod ?

'that's ' potential

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/us...&nlid=71480105

scroll down to road photo
Old June 8th 16, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:54:02 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2016/06/07/at-least-...s-in-michigan/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Posted in another thread I started earlier.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ch/whxwonm8TcU

Seems that they were in the lane and were still struck from behind. The driver was driving erratically for quite some time before he hit them and had been reported prior to driving into those bicyclists. He tried to escape on foot but was caught.

Cheers
Old June 8th 16, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 08/06/2016 12:56 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:54:02 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2016/06/07/at-least-...s-in-michigan/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Posted in another thread I started earlier.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ch/whxwonm8TcU

Seems that they were in the lane and were still struck from behind. The driver was driving erratically for quite some time before he hit them and had been reported prior to driving into those bicyclists. He tried to escape on foot but was caught.

Cheers

According to Andrew's link they were riding on the shoulder. The
shoulder looks plenty wide and smooth enough so I would have been riding
there as well. Though subsequent reports are less clear on where the
riders were.

In this case, either the driver targeted them or had some sort of mental
or physical impairment but it's doesn't seem likely that it would have
mattered where they were riding. He also fled the scene.
Old June 8th 16, 08:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 10:10:27 AM UTC-7, Duane wrote:
[...]

I would say that they should have been provided with an entirely separate, walled-off bicycle facility . . . but: http://bikeportland.org/2013/04/22/r...ike-path-85780

Crazy people are . . . crazy.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old June 8th 16, 09:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

Some are bat **** crazy. This guy looks like one of them.
Old June 8th 16, 10:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 6/8/2016 3:51 PM, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Yet they qualify for American driver's licenses.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old June 9th 16, 12:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 1:10:27 PM UTC-4, Duane wrote:
[...]

In the link I provided it was stated that the driver was driving very erratically for quite some time before running into those 9 bicyclists. It wouldn't have mattered where they were on the road because that driver was all over it.

It's long past time to start charging DUIs that result in deat as murders.

Cheers
Old June 9th 16, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:54:02 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2016/06/07/at-least-...s-in-michigan/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

PHOTO SEEN HERE HAS A PARTIALLY OBSCURED SPEED SIGN: 50 or 60 ?
Old June 9th 16, 01:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 7:54:02 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
http://ktla.com/2016/06/07/at-least-...s-in-michigan/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/