New Year's Day 2005 Ride

Old December 23rd 04, 03:40 PM
Carol McLean

Default New Year's Day 2005 Ride

I can't sing, but here goes anyway . . .

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But the ride will be delightful
Since there's not too much snow
You should go
You should go
You should go
-------------------------
The Third Annual New Year's Day Unicycle Ride!

Location: Somewhere in St. Paul or Minneapolis, depending on routes
open

Time: Sometime on New Year's Day, 1-1-05

Incentives:
Fun people!
Vigorous outdoor exercise!
The perfect opportunity to brag about your uni-related Christmas gifts
to people who might care!

There's bound to be warmth, hot cocoa, and cookies involved in this
activity at some point too.

So, put on your long underwear, get out your snow tire, and join us!

For details, e-mail me at unicyclecentral at hotmail dot com.

Happy new year!

Carol
Minnesota

--
Carol McLean - Likes Pedal Pushers
Carol McLean's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3302

Old December 23rd 04, 05:45 PM
harper

Carol-

A New Years Day ride hosted by you could only be the most formal,
elegant affair. I'm sorry I will be in a more "tropical" environment at
that time. You misprinted your e-mail which I think should read
"unicycleeccentric" rather than "unicyclecentral" but I could be wrong.
Take whatever fools show up in foul weather gear on the ride of their
lives.

-Greg

--
harper - Riding a Fat

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"You go through life and you choose." - Greg Harper

"Sometimes you choose wrong." - Greg Harper

"People who quote themselves are lame." - David Lowell

"I think I just broke my leg." - Greg Harper, 10/9/2004

Old December 23rd 04, 08:56 PM
harper

Carol McLean wrote:
*
You're not chicken, are you? Weren't you the one who was afraid of the
roller coaster at the Mall of America? Or was that Drummond? You two
look so much alike, I get you confused.

*

I'm the tall, extremely attractive, modest, powerfully built one with
chiseled features, greek god-like flowing hair, and beautiful
disposition who is loved by all and featured on T-shirts and temporary
tatoos worldwide. Drummond is the frumpy, grumpy one who is afraid of
his own shadow and is mean to everyone. Unless you mean Amy. Then I lose
in all categories, hands down.

I'm just trying to keep your thread alive, Carol. Who's going to ride in
Minneapolis on New Years Day? Doesn't it rain liquid nitrogen there this
time of year?

Old December 23rd 04, 09:52 PM
Murde Mental

I'd hate to sound stupid but where's Minneapolis?

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

I'm fit and my gosh, don't I know it!
Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

Old December 23rd 04, 10:41 PM
harper

Murde Mental wrote:
*I'd hate to sound stupid but where's Minneapolis? *

You don't sound stupid. It's not in your country. It's in the state of
Minnesota, USA, just across the Mississippi River from Minnesota's
capital, St. Paul.

Old December 23rd 04, 11:45 PM
Murde Mental

that's what I though..too far for Owen...

Old December 24th 04, 12:44 AM
Gilby

harper wrote:
*You don't sound stupid. It's not in your country. It's in the state
of Minnesota, USA, just across the Mississippi River from Minnesota's
capital, St. Paul. *

Well, actually, Minneapolis is on both sides of the Mississippi. So is
St. Paul.

| Attachment filename: 194096.gif |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/258583|

Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old December 24th 04, 01:05 AM
harper

Gilby wrote:
*Well, actually, Minneapolis is on both sides of the Mississippi. So
is St. Paul. *

See, Murde Mental. It's in MY country, I've actually BEEN there, and I
STILL don't know jack about it. I don't feel stupid though. I KNOW I'm
stupid.

Old December 24th 04, 03:28 AM
Gilby

harper wrote:
*See, Murde Mental. It's in MY country, I've actually BEEN there, and
I STILL don't know jack about it. I don't feel stupid though. I KNOW
I'm stupid. *

Oh, I don't think I knew until I was 20 or so... when I went to the U
which was on both sides of the river, yet still all in Minneapolis.

Old December 24th 04, 12:07 PM
monociclos

Here in Spain we have a popular race the last day of the year!!

It is called "San Silvestre" and of course we are going by unicycle!!
There are lots of San Silverstres along the country so almost every
unicyclist would go.

You can see the web page of the San Silvestre of Madrid:
www.sansilvestrevallecana.com

There is better way to end the year????

Pepe, Monociclos.Com

PD: Gilby please activate my gallery account or tell me what to do whit
the unicycle pics I want to upload

--
monociclos - Doin` trials

www.monociclos.com Unicycle related stuff in Spanish
monociclos's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4100

54th Birthday Ride Olebiker General 12 November 17th 04 03:09 AM
RSVP 2004 Trip Report (long, long, long) Claire Petersky Rides 2 August 12th 04 04:34 AM
Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride Danny Colyer UK 1 June 14th 04 08:14 PM
Mayors to Ride, Unicyclists, Music, etc: 2004 Mayors' Ride Set to Begin Cycle America General 0 May 7th 04 06:52 PM
lacking in leg strength and stamina exercises? Yuri Budilov General 18 March 23rd 04 03:42 PM