pedicab/cargo-bike to make a living in North America?

Old June 6th 05, 02:09 PM
AustinMN

Default pedicab/cargo-bike to make a living in North America?

I recall reading an article in _Mother Earth News_ a number of years
ago which claimed that oxen are the most cost-effective way to till
farms of less than 5 acres

Five acres is a mighty small farm. I doubt you could grow enough food
to keep one ox alive on 5 acres (not including the owner).

Austin

Old June 6th 05, 04:35 PM

Pedicabs have become quite common in midtown Manhattan, for about a
year.

wrote:
anyone in North America earns their living with a pedicab or
cargo-bike?

Old June 7th 05, 03:22 AM
Zoot Katz

Mon, 06 Jun 2005 17:20:02 -0600, ,
Chuck Anderson wrote:

Funny. From the responses here it sounds like they are all over the
place (albeit, only where there might be tourists).

If you've not seen it, this is a beautiul book describing the many
variations of cargo and passenger trikes.

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/journeys.../rickshaws.htm
--
zk
Old June 7th 05, 08:36 PM
Matt O'Toole

(PeteCresswell) wrote:

Per numbnutz:
There's no pedaling.

Was riding into Philadelphia PA last weekend and encountered a
fairly-heavy guy pushing a Segway and sweating fairly profusely.

Stopped out of curiosity to commiserate a little, found out that this
was his chosen form of exercise - and that pushing one of the things
actually charges it. I guess he pushes it so far outbound and then
rides home...

Instead of buying a Segway, he should have bought a lawnmower. Not only is it
1/20 the cost, but he could get paid $20/hr for doing essentially the same
thing!

Matt O.